Thorn #90 coming my way

Dave Bacon

Nothing like a new guitar on its way. My new thorn was just finished this week and is on its way to me!!

Needless to say I'm very happy

Dave:D

Shreve

Katzenjammer Kid
Double Platinum Member
That guitar really gets me chuffed! :dude

Looks great, Dave. I know you'll love it. :cool:

Cheebatone

With the pound plummeting against the dollar, my prospective Thorn looks further and further away, but it's always nice to see someone get a new one. Nice catch Dave. Enjoy.

JoeB63

Silver Supporting Member
Somehow it looks like that mermaid is floating above the finish. Am I the only one who sees that?

Nice axe.

Jason Calieri

Silver Supporting Member
Originally posted by JoeB63
Somehow it looks like that mermaid is floating above the finish. Am I the only one who sees that?

Nice axe.
I was going to ask about that. Did Ron create some sort of "drop shadow" effect in the finish around the inlay? If so, that's even more amazing.

Jim Soloway

Originally posted by Jason Calieri
I was going to ask about that. Did Ron create some sort of "drop shadow" effect in the finish around the inlay? If so, that's even more amazing.
It sure looks like it. What ever he's done, it's the most three dimensional inlay I've ever seen.

Chi

Silver Supporting Member
Ron Thorn is the MASTER of inlay. Period.
His work never ceases to amaze me...

M

Marty Horne

WOW! That guitar has it all; killer top, great color, incredible inlay work, and 3 P-90s! Major congrats

hansoloist

Silver Supporting Member
Stunning. The airbrushed shadow just lifts her off the guitar. Ron is simply masterful.

peace
-jeff

Leonc

Wild Gear Hearder
Platinum Supporting Member
Breath-taking inlay work. Hell, the whole guitar is gorgeous. And Ron's guitars are consistently among the best playing guitars I've ever had my paws on. Every detail...perfect!

Trending Topics