Thorn Koa Deluxe Hum GT90 GT90, NGD!

Dana Olsen

Platinum Supporting Member
Jeez Simeon -

What a top! Truly dazzling, kapital K Koa, eh? I love the cream pickup covers on the GT-90's - they offset the inlays and nickel chrome HB cover, looks GREAT!

Congrats, Dana O.

mudster

High Prairie Wrangler
Gold Supporting Member
Is it just my imagination or does this one look a little thicker (body) than other deluxes?
Beautiful guitar of course!

ducmike

Gold Supporting Member
Wow! That is just amazing. My GAS is out of control with this, the Grantura thread, and that smoking pink Koll thread.

whitepapagold

Is it just my imagination or does this one look a little thicker (body) than other deluxes?
Beautiful guitar of course!
It's definitely thicker than mine.

But not more than the hollow which is the last pic in the deluxe gallery on the Thorn site.

Looks like the thickest non hollow deluxe I've seen- or at least non f hole model! I'm sure they will inform us as enquiring minds want to know lol!

Ron Thorn

Platinum Supporting Member
Good eyes.
It is 1/2" thicker than the regular DeLuxe which puts at the same thickness as the Hollows.

Kid Tele

You can't order another one .....until you get your first one and post a Tone Report Kid! :p

Point taken! An argument could be made to grandfather the Deluxe GAS, since it was present first. I'll play by the rules though.

SeanMc

How does the added thickness affect tone?

I'm kind of curious about that, too. Three of my Thorns are built with "extra-thick" bodies - from 1/4" to 3/8", I think. I like them because of the way they feel; and it makes them not neck-heavy.

Tonally, I can't say that it's made any difference that I've noticed. They're Thorns and they all sound, play, and feel great.

neastguy

Silver Supporting Member
I don't even think I'd need to play that.. I could stick it on a stand just to look at it.. man that is nice

bforest4

Silver Supporting Member
Still rocking this guitar, I think it has gotten better with age! Sounds bigger and beefier than my other guitars, combination of thick body and hotter Dick Wagner Throbak bridge. The GT90's sound great and combine great with the humbucker either full or split, so many sounds out of this combo.

ZoomP

Another masterpiece from Thorn Guitars, and I am lucky enough to be the owner! Thorn Deluxe, Polexia grade koa top, one piece extra thick solid Korina body, Korina neck, super dark Brazilian rosewood fretboard, Thorn trem, 2 Thorn GT90's and a Throbak Dick Wagner humbucker, DW-102B, in the bridge. This tone machine has so many usefull sounds, it's ridiculous. The surprise is all 3 pickups, either with full humbucker, or split humbucker is just amazing sounding, and my favorite for clean sounds. I have owned or own 3 other Thorns with this pickup configuration, and it is probably my favorite, a super strat with the girth and attack of a les paul/solidbody guitar. I have some amazing guitars, including Thorns, Kolls, D'Pergo's, Asher, Underwood, R9's, but this just takes it up another notch, once again, truly stunning!

40901_12.jpg

40901_8.jpg

40901_2.jpg

40901_5.jpg

40901_10.jpg

40901_11.jpg

40901_1.jpg

Love his independent works over what he's doing at Fender now. Still kicked myself for not getting one when I had the chance.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom