Thornley and Thorn, Suhr NAMM 2014 party

sinasl1

Silver Supporting Member
OK y'all, here's a vid of us jamming at the Suhr bash the other night... I had SO much fun supporting the great Ian Thornley, my bandmates and I learned 4 Big Wreck songs, and after my set we invited Ian up. You can see him here just dialing in a tone on the fly, no soundcheck... playing brilliantly the whole time.... Effortless. And then he sings and, well, your arm hairs will stand up cause he's just ridiculous. So much fun. :bonk:bow:bow:bow

I'm playing my new sig PT100 and Ian's playing an original PT model and the new Suhr Rufus Fuzz, Koji, Shiba, and a Empress Tape Delay I brought for him.

2leod

Re-Member
Beyond cool! He really knows how to lead a band, doesn't he? It was like you'd played together before, and you all sounded great!

It's good to See Ian Thornley finding some purchase again - I've been a fan since the early days and think his work with Big Wreck remains his strongest.

mxk116

Gold Supporting Member
Pete, thanks for turning me on to Ian's extraordinary music. I was completely unfamiliar till now. What a wonderful melodic and harmonic sensibility he has to his playing and song writing. Wow!

Looks like everyone was swept along by the music. The band sounds terrific.

handtrix

That sounded great, Pete ! Appreciate the post.
Both of you sounded nice'n jangly ! What cab & speakers are we hearing with your new sig head, there ? John's series/parallel loop with adjustable gain and midi feature on your amp make things gel nicely on stage where you need it most. Quality stuff all around.

evhtone

Wow. Wow. Wow.

Ian is one of my fave artists and this was just awesome to see.

Pete, will he be a Suhr guy now?

Echoes

My favorite rock artist from the last 20 years or so...I was onto the Big Wreck album when it came out. I'm going to ignore comment on the huge gap between then and now and just say I hope he comes back with some new material.

Mikeroesoft

Silver Supporting Member
I am not usually a huge fan of heavier music, but there is something about Ian Thorney's music that just makes me listen every time. These two songs in particular take me back 16 or so years to my final year of high school. We used to drive around aimlessly on school nights blasting that album. If you liked what you heard.....you should check out a song called "Under the Lighthouse"......another great tune.

plisken

Ian is criminally under appreciated, just an absolute monster.

Thanks for posting, it must have been a blast to perform with Ian, my band covers this so I know how much fun it is to play.

EunosFD

Excellent as always, Pete! Def agree Ian is criminally underrated. Here's another song from the same event via the same youtube poster: