Thorpy Peacekeeper or Buffalo fx booster

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Spaceman3, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Spaceman3

Spaceman3 Member

Hi there,

Being a Fender man for a long time I have become accustomed to the 'twangy' almost jangly sound the Fender can make..I've recently gone to an SG, and find the twang/jangle is harder to come-by, especially into my Vox 'climax' amp..I am looking at the following boost/overdrive pedals to clean up the sound, to an almost Byrds/Television style chime but also give an Black Crowes or Faces type crunch if required, and that can also assist with give some mid/treble boost to my Muffs.. so far I am considering the following:

1. Thorpy Peacekeeper
    2. Thorpy Gunshot
    3. Buffalo FX Power Booster
    4. Xotic AC Booster
    5. Lovetone Kalamazoo

I was wondering if anyone can offer tips and recommendations on these pedals or something of a similar sonic palette.

Cheers

2. Sociophile

Sociophile "Ignore" Button Aficionado Silver Supporting Member

Between the two Thorpys, the Peacekeeper is more suited to what you describe than the Gunshot. The pre-gain presence control on the Peacekeeper is what will provide you the sparkle you need. The Gunshot is darker, and likely won't meet your needs.

3. Spaceman3

Spaceman3 Member

Cheers, it seems from my web scouring I need something with an EQ capability and thePeacekeeper seems to do just that!

Sociophile likes this.
  4. Jet Age Eric

Jet Age Eric Member

Moog MF-Drive would be a great choice.

That's a whole lot of awesome bands you just name checked (to say nothing of your handle); got a link for your music? -E

5. Spaceman3

Spaceman3 Member