Those 70's radio hits you never hear anymore.

Drew68

Silver Supporting Member
At one time they were hits. Now you never hear them. In an endless ocean of Stairway..., Free Bird, and More Than A Feeling, these tunes have fallen from playlists.

I'll start off with this gem. Is it rock? Is it disco? Is it funk? All I know is it has awesome harmony vocals and a great guitar/sax solo.

Remember these?

Whaddya got?

Drew68

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah, in the early 80's there was a consolidation of the "Classic Rock Canon" to about 400 tunes, and a bunch of stuff just dropped off the radar.
Today it seems to be about 40.

I'm 51 so I remember when the rock stations played all the songs above.

I set up a Jefferson Starship station on Pandora and thumbed up some of the older Marty Balin hits and all of the sudden, the station started playing all kinds of great 70s hits that I hadn't heard in years. Stuff like this:

Bob Maximus

Gold Supporting Member
omg I swore if I ever heard Love Is Alive again, I would have to break a radio somewhere. That guy was on every music show, and that song was on every station every couple of hours. He must have made several million $ on it alone.

Those Leo Sayer tracks were kind'a cool. "You make me feel like dancin" was one I thought they did well live.

Top Bottom