Those Pedals You Never Use But Just Can't Sell...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Billy Idle, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Billy Idle

Billy Idle Member

Hey guys, list them all and tell us why !

For my part :
    - Mr. Black Tunnelworm : I sincerely have no use for it but I love it because it's kind of unique. Someone offered 120€ for mine. I said no. Dunno why.

- Lovepedal Les Lius : I don't like it w/ my new Les Paul. But I know I have to keep it for the time when I'm playing again my Steelcaster.

- Maxon PT-999 : This phaser is all I will ever need as far as phase is concerned. So lush and dead simple. I've been through Empress and other brands. Always went back to it. I know it can sound junk to many of you but that's it.

- EHX/Sovtek Big Muff : Too big and heavy. But I know it's a jewel.

2. Raymond Lin

Raymond Lin Member

ISO Decimator, thought I might need a noise gate one day but I keep using the space for other effects on the board instead.

3. playguitar6789

playguitar6789 Supporting Member

EHX Small Clone: love the sound, too big/impractical for my board uses. Especially with the 3.5mm power.

Boss DD3: sounds great for a simple digital delay. Had it for years and simply not worth what I would get for it used.

Boss TR2: I modded it to have an LED that flashes in time with the rate. On top of that, it's a solid tremolo and again, not worth the used value.

Also, the Xotic EP, SP and SL which I mix and match occasionally. I just gotta have the whole collection!! :)

4. NakedInTheRain

NakedInTheRain Member

boss hf-2. best pedal, used it all the time, but now my mobius has replaced it. there's no space on my board, but i can't bring myself to sell it.

5. eattheapple1979

eattheapple1979 Member

Hi.

To name a few:
    - VanAmps Sole-Mate: I'm going back and forth from no reverb at all to exaggerate/dramatic ones in small footprints. But I know what it is and will stay...forever.
    - Prehistoric EH Big Muff: I prefer the modern takes of it but again, I know what it is.
    - TC PolyTune 2: do you really NEED a tuner on your pedalboard? Well, it's good to have one in the drawer.
    - Danelectro Daddy-O: Retired for 15 years now. I'm keeping it for sentimental reasons.
    - Line6 DL4: Retired...but...there's something that forces me to keep it...
    - Swart Atomic Boost: OC44...
    - Chandler Tube Driver: I Went for a Dover Drive. Never looked back. But don't ask me to sell the Chandler or I'll kill you :)

6. minty901

minty901 Member

I kind of feel the same way with my EHX Hum Debugger. Except I don't use it because it makes my guitar sound awful. But I hold onto it juuuuust in case I play somewhere where the EMI is unbearable. Even though I have and love the ISP Decimator II G-String.

7. Stumanji76

Stumanji76 Member

Boss DS-2 - I can remember the ordeal I went through back in the mid to late 90's trying to convince a sales associate at my local music store that this thing existed. Years later I picked one up out of nostalgia and it sounds mostly horrible but nails some of my favorite mid 90's tones to a T so I keep it.

Danelectro Danecho - This was my first delay/echo. I love the way it sounds but it tends to distort randomly and the jacks and footswitch are sketchy. I retired it from my board a while ago and now it just collects dust. I can't bring myself to get rid of it. Maybe I'll rehouse it someday.

Digitech XP100 Whammy/Wah - I remember being on tour in Connecticut somewhere and our other guitarist stumbled over onto my side of the stage and destroyed the original power supply to this beast. I tried locating the correct power supply but nothing seems to keep it powered up, it just cuts off randomly. It's so beat up I'll probably never sell it but I'd like to make some use of the whammy functions so I won't throw it out.

8. zetamkiii

zetamkiii Member

Sonic Crayon Anti-Nautilus, Hollow Earth and Vessels End. Infamously had originally purchased them to flip but had second thoughts... Unfortunately, I could not find a use for them amongst my mainly Strymon and Spaceman based P&W oriented board and so they have been sitting boxed for quite a substantial amount of time.

They were just too wild to tame. There was no possible way I could hope to control let alone incorporate something so lo-fi and unstable as this into my music successfully. I doubt anyone could to be honest, especially all 3. Even now as I look at them I'm struggling to find the proper descriptors. And so boxed away they remain. :dunno

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  9. PurpleJesus

PurpleJesus Gold Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

808 w Analogman true vintage mod. Never use but can't bring myself to sell.

Also, Dr. Z Trainwreck attenuater. Same thing.

Honestly, I never use my Archer either, but keep it around bc I assume the Klon "magic" will make sense to me one day. It sounds really good, but not good enough to kick the boost and low gain ODs I have on my board off the the shelf.

10. T Dizz

T Dizz Member

Ibanez AF2 Paul Gilbert Flanger
    I just wanted it for the crazy "take off" mode. It actually has great flange and looks sweet. I know if i sell it, I'm going to want another one so I'm hanging onto it.

11. KennyPatrick

KennyPatrick Supporting Member

I have a KLONE from idk who and I play the crap out of it. I can never let it go.

12. zetamkiii

zetamkiii Member

I feel it needs to be said the purpose of this thread is not an invitation to start making offers on gear.

13. papersun

papersun Member

[​IMG]

the world's greatest distortion pedal.

14. T Dizz

T Dizz Member

:thud

15. Billy Idle

Billy Idle Member

So obvious I wouldn't even mention it !

16. dcbc

dcbc Member

Maestro MP-1. Sounds incredible, but size is not pedal board friendly.

17. smokehouse4444

smokehouse4444 Supporting Member

I really don't use my vintage MXR Distortion+ that much anymore. I pull it out every so often and jam around on it...and usually have a ball. It was the first pedal I ever owned, and it isn't going anywhere.

18. OMTerria

OMTerria Member

Catalinbread Perseus

I don't use it much but it's such a cool pedal that I'll never get rid of it

19. jordane93

jordane93 Member

20. 72Telecaster

72Telecaster Silver Supporting Member

Diamond ML2
    So big & the special power... sounds too good to part with so it stays in the collection.

Caroline Kilobyte
    Vibe factor keeps it around; lack of tap tempo keeps it off my board :/