Those who shun Velcro use: what do you do instead?

les_paul

I've seen/had people (buyers) who have thumbed their nose at pedals that have Velcro on them. Do those types just have a haphazard pedalboard, set up on the floor, or get creative? Sincere question.

Hawkmoon269

I put velcro on my bad pedals and nothing on my good pedals, and hopefully there are enough bad pedals to help keep the good ones in place.

TonePilot

Silver Supporting Member
Just use 3M Dual Lock as others have mentioned. Doesn’t attract hair, won’t stick to carpets and you need a much smaller amount to hold a pedal in place. I wouldn’t buy a pedal covered in Velcro and dog/cat hair and little pubes from naked guitar escapades.

Bill D

I used Velcro until recently. Dual Lock is so much easier to work with and is even stronger than heavy duty Velcro.

I redid my Pedaltrain Pro and started by removing the Velcro from the rails. Nightmare! It had been on for about 8 years and literally required 90 minutes of sanity-rattling misery to get it off, then clean up the residual goo. Enter Dual Lock, which creates a super tight bond, yet paradoxically, is relatively effortless to remove, both from the board and the pedals. Wish I'd known years ago!

les_paul

Lots of love for Dual Lock! I used it for a bit but it doesn't offer much flexibility if you need to move stuff around unless you plaster the board with it.

Trending Topics