Those who shun Velcro use: what do you do instead?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by les_paul, May 28, 2020.

1. ikan

ikan Member

This is new & interesting to me. Thank you for sharing.

2. RicOkc

RicOkc Member

If you just need a few inches, or pieces of Dual Lock, you can find it at Wal Mart.

The packages aren't labeled as Dual Lock, but the peel away backing does.

3. Screamin Willie

Screamin Willie Member

The-Kid and remocity like this.
  4. Screamin Willie

Screamin Willie Member

If you don't like sticking stuff to your pedals, put a piece of painters tape on it first. Everything comes off with no troubles.

5. Blue-moon

Blue-moon Supporting Member

So how does it work. You just put a square in each corner of the pedal and attach to a non-carpeted pedal board? And it holds?

kbee likes this.
  6. theusualdan

theusualdan Supporting Member

Temple boards are a ****in game changer. They are more secure, and easier to change up the pedalboard configuration. Never going back to Velcro.

7. Ripthorn

Ripthorn Member

I use command strips with their dual lock type stuff. Very economical, and if you ever need to change the board or sell a pedal, you can remove it with zero residue or fuss. I buy the big packs at Costco because I use them for picture hanging as well.

8. biff maloy

biff maloy Member

Bicycle chain link user also. Even the spacers in the chain come in handy and get used. It's cheaper, one chain lasts forever, more secure and is easily removed not only from the board but the pedal also. I'm not a fan of slapping velcro on the backs of pedals. Some have labels with valuable information back there and some backs are designed where if you did it's in pieces. Also, some pedals have internal switches that are more easily accessed by leaving the back plate off altogether.

9. kbee

kbee Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

I have an aluminum powder-coated small board. Its a cheap one and did not come with velcro. I had been using the putty at work to hang displays on walls, so I decided to try it instead of Velcro, especially for such little $.

So yes I cut off a square and put it in the corners then press the pedal onto the powder-coated board. I avoid the screws on the bottom of the pedal. I have also used it to stick down pedals that have those little plastic feet; much easier than taking the feet off.

On a smaller pedal I tried three instead of 4 as well - two in the corners of one end, one in the middle on the other end.

This seems to hold pretty well for my main use which is in the music room, I think it would work for anything out I might do too.

Just saw the post about the command strips, those might be worth trying too.

10. Blue-moon

Blue-moon Supporting Member

But aren't you still sticking stuff onto your pedal?

11. derek_is_eric

derek_is_eric Member

Yeah my dog sheds a ton, so that was part of the impetus lol.

12. Vishnu

Vishnu Member

13. TonePilot

TonePilot Supporting Member

Amazon

14. TonePilot

No they aren’t. Sorry. I have one and I switched from their attachment system back to dual lock. After a while, those plates are very, very difficult to remove from pedals.

15. TonePilot

Were you embarrassed when you accidentally stuck a pedal to the wall and a painting on your board?

16. Tomo El Gato

Tomo El Gato Member

Aclam user here as well.
    Easy to remove and replace pedals, holds them very well, clean. Very nicely designed system, it's almost like Lego - limited amount of parts make make up a whole bunch of combinations.
    I had four regular sized pedals and a DD-500 on the S1, the single layer board - so you can fit quite a bit once you figure things out. Top jacks help.

17. Twisted Pair

Twisted Pair Member

Zip ties, plywood board with drilled holes where needed. I don't want to stick anything to my pedals. Former bike chain link used here. Zip ties are faster and easier.

18. Catatafish

Catatafish Supporting Member

My Templeaudio Duo24 board has oval holes for cables and round holes for their dumb plate mounting system. I don't use their plate mount system because that requires an adhesive on the pedals as well. Instead, I route all my connector cables through the large oval holes as well as the power supply cables. Then I square everything up and take tiny thin zip ties and using the smaller round holes, I zip tie the power supply wires and patch cables down snug. Works like a charm.

Last edited: May 29, 2020
    Nevets likes this.
  19. woof*

woof* Member

When they outlaw Velcro ...only outlaws with have it.
    They can pry my Velcro from my cold dead hands.

20. pale fire

pale fire Supporting Member

Holeyboard user so zip ties for me