• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Those with 335's and LP's....

still.ill

Which guitar do you find easier to play, where you can get a lower action with your setup?

Jason S

I have a 66 335 and a G0 LP. Action and set up on the two is pretty close. Most of the difference is in the tone. And the weight.

mango

No reason the two couldn't be set up the same.

Low is not my goal anyway,all my guitars could be set up lower.

kracdown

Custom User Title
Platinum Supporting Member
I have a RA ES-335, an R7, and an R4. I think they're all equal in terms of playability and action... Just very different sounding.

Nickstrtcstr

Lactose Intolerant Guitar Slinger
The only real difference is that the 335 style has the cutaway in the upper bout. That might make access to higher frets easier for some. Other than that, they are pretty much the same.

still.ill

Hmm it seems my new LP studio requires a slightly higher action than my 335 to keep it from buzzing too much at the low E, 5th-9th frets. I guess this could be due to tall frets. The tech who setup my LP had much less time (he was a bit rushed into getting the guitar setup the same day i bought it, so the intonation was skipped(the main thing i think he did was make sure the slightly sharp fret ends were filed nice and smooth, really great job there.. He did tell me I could go back if I needed anything more done so that's cool.

mad dog

Silver Supporting Member
I have a '66 ES-335, also an Epiphone "LQ" Les Paul (MIJ). The epi action is lower. Both equally playable, both very comfortable and responsive. The feel is different due to trapeze versus stoptail.
MD

rummy

Silver Supporting Member
I have a Les Paul Custom and an ES-335. In terms of playing experience, I prefer the 335. They both play very nice, but I like how the 335 fits my body better. It's way more comfortable.

bluesjuke

Disrespected Elder
I have a RA ES-335, an R7, and an R4. I think they're all equal in terms of playability and action... Just very different sounding.

I've got an R6, R8, and two '59 Historic 335s.
All can be set up very similarly and are in my case.

I do however prefer to play the 335s overall.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom