Thought on the Puresalem Cardinal?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by megatrav, Aug 13, 2019 at 10:37 AM.

1. megatrav

megatrav Supporting Member

I just found out about these and was wondering who has had experience with them?
    I have wanted a Fano PX6 ever since I first saw the guy on Living Room Gear Demos use one. The Cardinal seems to be very similar in shape, but much lower in price.

Who has played one?

Anyone have any other guitars that are like these modified Non-Reverse Firebirds that I should also be looking at?

I like these two more than the standard Non-Reverse. the look more like a big off-set and have a old, yet futuristic look to them.

2. jwguitar

jwguitar Supporting Member

The PureSalem guitars are wonderful instruments. I have 2 of them myself. They are made in the same factory as reverend, Duesenberg and Fret-King guitars. Very high quality and attention to detail. I have played the Cardinal and really liked it. Currently I have a PureSalem Bette (tele with humbuckers) and a PureSalem Levitation.

Cruciform, derekd and megatrav like this.
  3. Gavin

Gavin Supporting Member

I have one but I just can't get along with the neck (I prefer unnaturally large necks). If they made a baseball bat neck carve it would be a keeper for me. The fit and finish are great. It sounds wonderful and has a really cool vibe with the non reverse Firebird body, bound neck with block inlays and a tele headstock with locking tuners. I've been trying to unload this for months with no success.

megatrav likes this.
  4. megatrav

It looks amazing!
    Would you say that the neck is like a Fender C or more like a modern C which is smaller and more tapered?

I like medium-bigger necks myself as well.

How much are you selling it for?

5. stevenlaumer

stevenlaumer Member

I had a bad experience with my Cardinal. I bought new from Reverb. The shop is in NJ but they ship from Florida from the PureSalem factory.

Mine arrived with the pickup selector switch snapped off, scratches on all the hardware, humbuckers that had 60 cycle hum and sounded like a wet noodle under a wet blanket. The neck didn't fit into the neck pocket, the nut was cheap plastic and wasn't cut right and the tuners couldn't hold pitch.

So, overall, it was one of the worst guitar experiences I've ever had. The only positive was the neck finish and carve which did feel awesome.

I packed it up and requested a return shipping label and the shop told me to ship it back to PureSalem and the guy there dragged his feet on getting me the label, but eventually it got sorted.

If I'm honest, they all still look bitchin. I really wanted it to work but it just didnt in like every possible way.

megatrav likes this.
  6. Gavin

Gavin Supporting Member

Thank you. It is a fantastic looking guitar. According to their website it has a modern C.

7. megatrav

Sucks to hear it wasn’t a good experience for you.

They look incredible, but this an the slimmer neck turn me off to them

8. nateliv

nateliv Member

Looking forward to hearing more about these as well. The Reverberation looks pretty great