• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Thoughts after playing the Viscous Vibe

Phase45child

I'm looking for a small Univibe, I like the look and price of the TC Viscous Vibe but the demos make it sound more like an auto wah or phaser.

It's billed as an exact digital replication of the Univox but does it really nail the throb of a real lamp vibe or is it marketing talk?

Crimson Queen

Silver Supporting Member
Mainly marketing talk. If you want something small and real close to that sound, the Vibe Machine from DryBell would be my recommendation. I have that and a Mojo Vibe, so I am familiar with those two. The Vibe Machine is expensive though. I tried the Viscous and was not impressed.

I have also had the big chrome Univibe and a Fulltone Deja Vibe. I have not tried the Mojo Hand or the Lovepedal.

dhdfoster

Gold Supporting Member
I went with MXR uni-vibe and I'm impressed. It may be silly of me, but I can't bring myself to buy fully digital mod effects.

If you're cool with digital, the Digitech Ventura is supposed to sound very good.

Phase45child

I had a first run MXR hendrix model in the past but sold it for a lot of cash - I liked it though, might look at a standard model. I've ownes two big silver Dunlop univibes and loved them.

I think I'd need to demo a VV first cos I just can't trust the demos I've heard so far.

tubekingsley

Lovepedal Vibronaut for $150 used. No brainer... I had an early Dry Bell, I like Vibronaut better. If you need expression pedal capabilities, go for a used Dry Bell.

Trending Topics