Thoughts on a new live rig...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by mule73, Jan 28, 2008.

1. mule73

mule73 Member

Thinking of jumping back onstage after a 5 year hiatus. I need a new rig, but I gotta do it on the cheap.

What I got:Hamer USA Daytona, modded Crate VC 20, DS-1, MXR Wylde OD,Boss CH-1, Modded Vox wah.

What I'm Considering:pRS SE Singlecut to do Gibby/Hum thang,Peavey Classic 30 head,Avatar Vintage 1x12 w/G12H30,OCD,Mini Deja-Vibe,Carl Martin Red Repeat or AD-9 Re-Issue.

Rig needs to cover ground from clean blues to heavy rock.Whadda ya'll think?

2. 3 Mile Stone

3 Mile Stone Silver Supporting Member

Yep, I think you got it wired. If you can afford it I might go with a 2X12 cab and I'd get an Xotic BB booster instead of the OCD. Not that the OCD is bad, and your trying to do it on the cheap so .. good choices man.

3. mule73

mule73 Member

Thanks man, jus' wonderin if anyone sees any holes I don't.:AOK

4. mule73

mule73 Member

5. flyingvees

flyingvees Member

I think you will want a 2-12 cab cause it will allow that classic 30 to breathe a little better...Everything else sounds good...:RoCkIn

6. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Silver Supporting Member

play the Hamer...spend your $$ on a great amp..It has far greater influence on your sound than a guitar does....the new Egnater Tourmaster ...100 watt...4 channel head for $1400...or a used Aiken Sabre...3 channels..WICKED tones, 50 watts...get a 2/12 cab for it with Celestion G12 -65's....