Thoughts on Dover Drive? and some comparisons

Cem

Hi folks,

I'm gasing for the Hermida Dover Drive, for gilmourish EJ'ish lead tones for fusion and blues playing with my strat.

I also own a Proco Deucetone RAT with endless options.

Do you think Dover beats deucetone?

Is it really a beast?

Billy Idle

I have owned one for a month and it delivers in spades what you are looking for.
Tonally, I'd say it's a crossover between a Fuzz Face and a Rat.
A pedal like the DD shouldn't be limited to leads. It shines through chord strumming as well. A keeper in a tiny enclosure for sure.
Never had a Deucetone, but I've been through different rat models. My favorite : the 1986 WF Reissue. If I were to have just one dirt unit to rule them all...

Jet Age Eric

I would not compare it to a FF or Rat (it really adds cranked-amp body, something I don't associate with either of the other two pedals), but I agree it's fantastic for rhythm. -E

ChicagoJoe

I've got a Dover coming in the mail. Can't wait, but unfortunately, I won't be able to use it at a gig for a month or so. I'll try to give a "piss off the neighbors" volume review next week.

Seegs

Had one over for the second time last night...my buddy tweaked it and said it was better than the first run through which was not too impressive...not the case for me...

It's a bridge pickup only pedal for me and not a very good one at that IMO...too fat and indistinct with even bright strat or tele single coil neck pickups...it gets really bloated and flutey sounding on a neck pickup with solos and sounds muddy and indistinct with chords...on a bridge pickup its ok but nothing for me...

I have a 1990 Rat2 and it sounds better to me in every way imaginable...just picked up a Bogner Burnley and prefer it to the Dover as well...it remains clear even at full gain with any pickup something the Dover didn't do...

Chow,
Seegs