Thoughts on Guitar Fetish for discount parts

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by donnyjaguar, Sep 7, 2006.

1. donnyjaguar

donnyjaguar Member

I was doing some online shopping and found http://store.guitarfetish.com/
    Are these guys a reputable outfit? Are the guitar parts of reasonable quality?
    The reason I ask is largely because they use so many exciting adjectives on their website it took me a few minutes to come down. :roll

DJ

2. BradKM

BradKM Member

I've had good luck with them on a couple of orders. It's not boutique stuff, but the parts I've received have been well worth the money.

3. ultrevex

ultrevex Member

Honestly, most everything I've bought from them ( about 7 pickups, pots, knobs, tuners, bridges, screws) has been of better quality than could be expected for the $. Some of their pickups are excellent. Beware their kluson style fender tuners, though. I bought a set which didnt fit the spacing of 1 Fender and 2 Allparts necks on which Fender/kluson and ping tuners had fit fine. I tossed the set in a drawer and dug them out again nearly 8 months later. I emailed the company and asked if they would accept them back for a credit towards a current order and they said to send them, they'd 'have a look'. They opted to send them back to me, claiming they were fine. I was past their return policy cutoff but the set was/is new and unmounted and I simply wanted a credit, not a refund. Regardless, they told me it was my problem, the tuners had lined up fine for them. Odd practice for a repeat customer, it would have cost them nothing to satisfy me. I imagine you can guess how much business I've given them since!

good luck... you'll get decent merchandise from them but the one time I needed some customer service , it wasnt there.

4. HHB

HHB Member

I've been really happy w/ all the stuff I've ordered from GFS, sorry to hear the customer service wasnt as great as their stock, but I remain a satisfied customer

5. Texas_Blues

Texas_Blues Member

Has anyone ordered pickguards from them? Like for a strat, are they fully shielded?

6. Slotunes

Slotunes Supporting Member

I had the same tuner problem as stated above although I had 2 of them that didnt even have enough tension to tighten a string.I returned them and then got the same problem back!!Maybe a bad run but...Never again thank you!