Thoughts on line 6 dt series amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Spuddy, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Spuddy

Spuddy Member

What's your thoughts on these amps I tend to use 4-5 basic tones and have a roland fc-300 midi controller can I use this to switch different channel settings and what's this amp like regarding tone ect?

2. pbmw

pbmw Member

Darrel Hall's guitarist (Paul something...) played with a couple of DT50's I believe. Sounded killer.

3. lang.murphy

lang.murphy Member

They got positive reviews when released. One thing I remember about them is at lower volumes they switch from tubes to SS for dirt sounds. Not an issue, probably, if you're playing at gig levels.

4. henryjurstin13

henryjurstin13 Member

I like my lil 25 combo.... it's not perfect, as I hate MIDI hookup & prefer knobs/screen (no computer editing). In my opinion, it has a lot of great/totally usable sounds & the Marshall or Park 75 amp is THE BEST in the bunch. Lots of amp for the used prices they are fetching... VERY VERSATILE. Sounds great, feels like a "real" amp.

5. Axe-Man

Axe-Man Member

I really liked my DT25 and DT50 heads.

Creating a Marshall with a Mesa power section was awesome and sounded great.

The SS thing was if 'you' pulled the volume knob (not advisable as it sucked - better to just use a preamp on the POD and keep using the valves).

6. PaisleyWookie

PaisleyWookie Member

I wish there was an easier way to assign the various preamps released with the newer firmware update. The TouchOSC thing works, but it's kind of a hassle. Otherwise, very cool amps.