• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Thoughts on Line6 L2t for amplifying a modeler

alp

Hi all,

I play in a two bands and both bands have weekly gigs in the same venue with a very large stage and a very nice and powerful PA system. The band on Saturday nights is an eight piece band and the band on Wednesday nights will be a six piece (starting after new year's beginning). Venue is big (400~450 people) and the stage is loud, very loud. Now i am gigging with my Tech21 TM60 amp and pedals. At home i have POD HD500x and a Helix running through Yamaha HS80 studio monitors. Although i also have a Line6 DT25 amp head and matching 1x12 cab, i prefer playing through my modelers direct into my audio interface and monitoring signal through studio monitors. I want to move this noodling in the house experience to my gigs.

I've been reading about FRFR's quite sometime and most appealing options to me at the moment are Line6 L2t, JBL Eon610 and Yamaha DXR10. I haven't tried any of these and unfortunately don't have opportunity to do so. My priorities are as follows:

*It needs to be LOUD, as a very loud guitar amp, can not negotiate on this. Even i would use this as a monitor for myself, it's going to act as a guitar amp for rehearsals. I may also need to place it so band members should hear me in the stage during gigs, We'll see.. bottom line, it must be loud as sh*t!

*It should be reliable as a tank. This is the main reason i don't go with tubes.

*Sound quality.. I think i want the most honest FRFR. I red that DXR10's and JBL EON610's have a smoother high end and feel more like guitar cabs, however i want to inspect and treat my tone carefully so guitar tone shouldn't be warm inside the stage and harsh in the mains. On the other hand i am kinda afraid if my tone would be far from amp like to me when i am playing and all the joy of being a guitarist would disappear. Anyone managed to make L2t's cab like?

*I would prefer to carry less weight. This is the drawback with the Line6 L2t. On the other hand if my presets tweaked on my Yamaha HS80s translate well to the gigs with minor tweaks, i can leave the FRFR at the venue so i may not need to carry anyting other than my guitar and modeler.

I guess this is all for now. I really need some input from folks who gig with an L2t on a loud stage. OR done that and moved to other directions. Thanks in advance...

Alp

hobbes1

I have an L3T and Helix. This is a great setup, IMHO. It is VERY loud and can be set upright on a pole/or chair, or monitor style on the floor at IIRC, 30 or 60 degrees angle. I have sold my tube amps and while I tend to use mostly IRs from The Amp Factory, I have also found some OwnHammer IRs I like a lot. I use the L3T in PA/Reference mode and it just sounds great. It's heavy though and I use a collapsible dolly to move it around. I've seen people post on here that the L2M's are pretty loud too. I don't think you will have any problem being heard with either of them.

If you want most neutral FRFR, many swear by the Atomic CLR. They make a Neo version that is light as well, but they are costly.

Reactions: alp

jpage

I had the DXR10 for a while and when trying to carry a large room it would feed back/squeal terribly. Picked up an L3t and have not had that problem at all.

Reactions: alp

alp

Thanks a lot for taking your time and sharing your experiences. Today i have ordered an L2t, will be here tomorrow morning. I'll also share my observations here maybe with some video with the room audio. Thanks again.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom