Thoughts on the 2Tek bridge system?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by MasterEvan07, Feb 27, 2012.

1. MasterEvan07

MasterEvan07 Supporting Member

These have been around since '94 and yet I hear so little about them...I've talked to Zilmo and Big Mike, both very gracious with their thoughts.

Anyone else used these and how do you like them compared to traditional setups?

I'm not really a traditionalist so I'm not particularly behooved by nostalgia - if this is a leap forward for tonal quality in an instrument then sweet. Technology is supposed to progress, not stagnate.

Anyway, y'all Thorn players or anyone else that's had this done?

2. big mike

big mike Moderator - EL34 Emeritas Staff Member

Well I was going to chime in but we must've talked before. :D

Check over on Birds and Moons forum as well. (let me know if you have trouble registering) FrankiePRS one of the mods has had a few done, JMintzer and Aldwyn as well. Fenders, PRS, Gibsons, etc.

As you probably know I've had a Fender done, I own a 2tek tele, and have been a fan since 94-95 when they were options on hamers.

3. big mike

big mike Moderator - EL34 Emeritas Staff Member

4. MasterEvan07

MasterEvan07 Supporting Member

Thanks Mike, I'd actually read that recently...I think it was one of the first things I'd found when scouring the internet! I appreciate it :)