Thoughts on the Malekko 616? How does it compare to the older ones?

Presc

Considering getting a new delay - I'm currently using a Guyatone MD3 that I've had for awhile, but I've realized that I'd like something warmer and richer sounding and I'd like to have modulation. Don't really need the longer delay times a digital offers very often.

The PGS demo of the Malekko 616 sounds great and the price is right in my range (~$150). How does this one compare to the older Malekko delays (600s)? Any other delays you would recommend at that price point? Open to going used.

Thanks!

Blunder

Silver Supporting Member
The 616 is a great sounding pedal. Probably my favorite of all the current analog delays on the market. If I didn't have a 600D, I'd pick up one of these for sure.

gold_soundz

I have posted this a couple of times before regarding this pedal, but the bypass made it unusable for me. It makes the dry signal either darker or brighter (when the effect is engaged) than the true bypass signal depending on the position of the bypass button.

Its a pity because the actual pedal sounds fantastic.

Presc

I have posted this a couple of times before regarding this pedal, but the bypass made it unusable for me. It makes the dry signal either darker or brighter (when the effect is engaged) than the true bypass signal depending on the position of the bypass button.

Its a pity because the actual pedal sounds fantastic.
Odd. I don't run a very big board so I can live with just leaving it in true bypass mode - I assume there's no coloration as long as you leave it in TB and not buffer mode?

venivici

The 616 is a good sounding delay. I own a 616, and both a echo 600 dark and bright. The 616 is voiced a little closer to the bright but has a different texture to it. The modulation on the 616 can get crazy, but just using a little sounds great. In summary, it's a good pedal.

ChaseTMP

Gold Supporting Member
A guitar store near me (Truetone Music, in Santa Monica) still had a 600 Dark, when the 616 came out. I A/B'd them and ended-up going with the 616. Mine came from the factory with a slight volume boost, but I actually like it and have decided not to mess with the internal trim-pot. I use the increased volume to have the 616 stand out more than my base El Capistan delay(s).

Trending Topics