• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Thoughts on this grain pattern on my new Broadcaster

THiwaTT

Just unpacked this 70th anniversary Broadcaster

I got it open box and bought blind but was pleasantly surprised by the low-ish 7.5lb weight

not sure that I dig the weird blueish lines in the grain pattern, but I normally do not have translucent finishes so perhaps I’m more sensitive to this

what do you think? Normal or weird looking?

the only other one that I could swap for is full price and .6 lbs heavier

Family Man

Silver Supporting Member
Like other's have stated, it's that way by design. Ash is a porous wood. Fender used a dark (probably black) grain filler to further contrast the grain so it would come through the translucent finish. I love them that way. I'm actually building a Tele Deluxe right now with this very method.

mikebu

Gold Supporting Member
It looks just like my 60th anniversary american standard telecaster.

I wish mine had a bridge like yours instead of the six saddle.

Looks great...

burchyk

That's just like my opinion, man
Silver Supporting Member
Does it play and sound as good as it looks? You won't be seeing that back very often anyway..

SinglecutGuy

Silver Supporting Member
I’ll pile on to the masses and agree as well, that it looks beautiful. Seeing the grain through the wood is such a gorgeous thing. It’s ok if you don’t like it, but don’t for a minute think it looks “off” or bad. It’s fantastic.

coffeecupman

Those lines are going to look GREAT when the guitar finish ages.

It already looks good, but I think the lines just look a bit strange with the fresh paint job.

If that's nitro, you're going to be laughing.

Trending Topics