THR-II Speaker for General Listening

dsol

I'm keen on the THR-II for guitar practice. I also need to get some home speakers. Nothing fancy, just something decent for streaming music from my phone or laptop, youtube videos etc. If I can kill two birds with one stone, is the speaker on these (20w or 30w versions) comparable to the home audio speakers from the likes of JBL or Marshall?

thrashmetl

To be honest, I have the THR10 II and it sounds great for listening to music from my phone. I also use it when I’m messing around with software instruments like pianos, synths, Rhodes, drums, etc. too. Obviously not as good as a decent pair of monitors, but I was pleasantly surprised at how good it sounds for things other than guitar. I even drag it outside for music when I’m washing my car.

novamondo

I have a thr30ii, for general listening it doesn't sound nearly as good as my monitors, but it also doesn't sound as good as a Sonos Play:1. To me it's quite average in that regard.

Foxmeister

Silver Supporting Member
It has two 3" speakers, just a few inches apart.

It isn't going to sound as good as a decent pair of monitors spaces further apart, but for what it is it sounds pretty good to my ears.

It also has the advantage of being portable, especially the models with a built-in battery.

m_b

Music sounds good enough through my THR10C via a computer connected to the USB port, speaker set to flat (#symbol displayed), that I never got around to buying a portable speaker. The internal DAC is surprisingly good. Not wireless, but I don't really need it.