Three and a Half Hours?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by texhex, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Watt McCo

Watt McCo Member

Watching him use it (as poorly as he did) showed me a lot of cool things about UI/workflow. Having the level of each block adjustable from the signal chain screen is brilliant.

2. bdrepko

bdrepko Supporting Member

Last I heard, calling someone a chucklehead is not a racist comment.

MojoRisin likes this.
  3. MojoRisin

MojoRisin Member

That whole part about him registering the fractalaudio domain in the UK is interesting. :rotflmao

It just blows my mind the degree of d'baggery in this world.

If I were Fractal I'd register chucklehead.com and just have a picture of this guy on it.

Edit: Too late Fractal. http://www.chucklehead.com/

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    bdrepko likes this.
  4. TonePilot

TonePilot Supporting Member

Didn’t watch the video but it sure sounds like you’re talking about Tony McKenzie.

csweldon, Ingolf and Elric like this.
  5. bdrepko

He says that he is not well liked by the folks on the Fractal site. Sounds like he in not well liked in tgp equally well.

6. MojoRisin

MojoRisin Member

It's a shame he has to be such a goober on the gear front because he's actually kind of trip to watch when he plays.

7. thomasjg

thomasjg Member

I do not mind him and have no animosity towards him, but those guitar tones at the end have to be amps with no cab sim...

8. lessthan12

lessthan12 Member

Thats what I suspected. I actually called him out on a bunch of things and some misinformation he has in the video. Called him biased etc etc and his rebuttal was that the tones were good lol. I told him the tones were god awful and he was intentionally sandbagging it and that I would actually help him out. Told him to post the patches he made and I would post a video showing him what he was doing wrong and fix it. After that he turned off commenting. Dude is an absolute joke.
    Only thing in the video I saw of interest was the power switch.So I opened mine up to see what the glue was all about. The glue isn't holding the switch in, just seems like its a bit extra security so the switch won't ever move. Then I put the lid back on, turned it on and played and remembered why its worth the $2300. Sorry but he is clearly biased and trying to play it off like he's not.
    O and the bit about the headquarters was a bit odd as well. When I pointed out to him that he had the wrong parts of the building highlighted he says " O, well I can only go by google maps." After all that so called research he gets called out and uses so lame excuse.

9. seigmen

seigmen Member

Did he remove the last 30 minutes of the video?

10. lessthan12

lessthan12 Member

lololol, He did! I guess he didn't like getting called out for what seems like he left the cab modeling off. Did all that research on stuff that mostly didn't matter and didn't take ANY time to learn how to use it

seigmen and MixMinisterMike like this.
  11. MojoRisin

MojoRisin Member

About the only useful part of that video is the last 30 seconds reminding us to get checked for prostate cancer.

ak301 and lessthan12 like this.
  12. thomasjg

thomasjg Member

He really did remove the last 30 minutes and must have just done so. Now i do mind him and have animosity. uncool.

13. Fractal Audio

Fractal Audio Member

Yes, the glue is just to keep the switch from sliding around in the opening. It's a snap-in type like many products use now. You may have noticed those types tend to slide around a bit in the opening. So we put a little glue on there to make it more secure. It's unnecessary and an extra manufacturing step but makes the switch feel better.

The Axe-Fx III does not make any compromises. Every part used is high quality. Any allusions to cost-cutting proposed by Mr. McKenzie are simply not true. The converters are Cirrus' highest performance models. The so-called "cheap aluminum capacitors" are high-temperature, low-impedance, long-life parts (Panasonic FK series, look 'em up). The "$7 power supply" actually costs closer to $27. The DSP module alone costs close to $250. The analog paths use premium op-amps, not the cheap TL07x and NE553x used in most other products.

The whole video is an obvious "hit piece" and retaliation for not succumbing to his extortion attempts. He registered fractalaudio.uk and tried to make us pay him for the rights to the domain name. We refused and that's why he is doing what he does.

14. Tootone

Tootone Member

Groan... not him again :facepalm

ak301 likes this.
  15. texhex

texhex Supporting Member

His attempt to “review” the III ultimately ended up uncovering his incompetence with regards to manufacturing and electronics in general and makes it obvious that he has an “Axe” to grind.

FPFL likes this.
  16. TonePilot

TonePilot Supporting Member

I've never seem him really like anything. We should all comment on the video about how wrong he is.

17. JiveTurkey

JiveTurkey Trumpets and Tants Supporting Member

There's nothing left to comment on :anon:roll

18. MojoRisin

MojoRisin Member

[​IMG]

csweldon likes this.
  19. bdrepko

Now for a tall glass of tigers milk.

MojoRisin and Yek like this.
  20. phil_m