Throbak pups in a 335

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by miena33, Feb 19, 2012.

1. miena33

miena33 Member

Has anyone put throbak pups in their 335? And any comparison with the 57 classic

2. Seegs

Seegs Member

Yep...had both Limited A2 and Limited+ A5s (earlier version) in an 87' 335 that I used to have ...they were very clear sounding...reminded me of a big fat tele...

Didin't like how the A2 set sounded with pedals...was a bit fizzy/sizzly with my setup...the A5 set was perfect

Got rid of the dreaded 57 classic mud on the neck

Another option is the Zhangbucker pure hand wound pickups...woodbucker neck and wide slugbucker bridge...I have these in a 339 and like them even more than the Throbaks...they sound like pure wood and make my 339 sound like an acoustic...amazing pickups really...

Chow,
    Seegs

3. ryhlick

ryhlick Supporting Member

Seegs,
    Have you ever tried the Zhangbucker T-Bucker's in a semi-hollow bodied style guitar? If so, how would you compare them to what you are using?
    Thanks, Brad

4. Seegs

Seegs Member

Hi Brad...I've only ever tried/had the A5 Woodbucker neck and A2 wide-slugbucker bridge pickups...can't say enough about them...they replicate the acoustic tone of my 339 better than any pickup I have ever tried in a Semi-hollow body guitar...I swear I can hear the wood...

Chow,
    Seegs