• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Thumb picks that don't stick out real far?

scr@tchy

I am someone who chokes up on his pick and wants to try switching to thumb picks, except all I have tried stick out real far. I hear some people file them down but I don't want to spend playing time filing picks. The closest I have tried so far is Slick Picks but I didn't bond, what else is out there?

James

I used to use a thumbpick for certain things, and I'd just cut them to the proper length with a regular nail clipper and then smooth them out with a nail file. Took just a few minutes, but you may have to experiment to get the right size/shape.

Axis29

Silver Supporting Member
I just recently tried to get on with a thumbpick again.... I've been playing for 25 years and never did find one I liked until I found the Golden Gate. It fits my thumb well... But it was too stiff and stuck out to far. So I did the same, I trimmed it way down, then sanded it thinner and polished it smooth again.

I can actually play with it for more than about two minutes without getting annoyed and throwing it across the room.

clemduolian

Gold Supporting Member
+1 for Bumble Bee...but the one that was/is the killer app for me is the Blue Chip thumb pick. Only one I can use now.
Sticker shock? Absolutely. Worth it in retrospect? ABSOLUTELY.

catalinbread

I like the Golden Gates, they are a tad long. I got used to it though... Otherwise the nationals are a good length and geometry.

Trending Topics