Thumb picks that don't stick out real far?

scr@tchy

I am someone who chokes up on his pick and wants to try switching to thumb picks, except all I have tried stick out real far. I hear some people file them down but I don't want to spend playing time filing picks. The closest I have tried so far is Slick Picks but I didn't bond, what else is out there?

James

I used to use a thumbpick for certain things, and I'd just cut them to the proper length with a regular nail clipper and then smooth them out with a nail file. Took just a few minutes, but you may have to experiment to get the right size/shape.

Axis29

Silver Supporting Member
I just recently tried to get on with a thumbpick again.... I've been playing for 25 years and never did find one I liked until I found the Golden Gate. It fits my thumb well... But it was too stiff and stuck out to far. So I did the same, I trimmed it way down, then sanded it thinner and polished it smooth again.

I can actually play with it for more than about two minutes without getting annoyed and throwing it across the room.

clemduolian

Gold Supporting Member
+1 for Bumble Bee...but the one that was/is the killer app for me is the Blue Chip thumb pick. Only one I can use now.
Sticker shock? Absolutely. Worth it in retrospect? ABSOLUTELY.

catalinbread

I like the Golden Gates, they are a tad long. I got used to it though... Otherwise the nationals are a good length and geometry.

Trending Topics