Thunderbolt motu

Weerez935

Saw that these were just released. Was curious what you guys thought about them. In the past I've used presonus, Tascam, and digi racks. I'm about to move and would like to have some equipment to record. I'm thinking about the thunderbolt motu, focusrite (Octopre mkIII), sonic maximizer, and RNC as the center pieces. I have a MacBook Pro (2013 haswell) at the moment. I also have a few different senheisers, 57s, 2 heil pr22s. I don't have any condensers or ribbons at the moment.

Mainly curious on those with motu and focus rite experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weerez935

Wow. I may go that route.
How does the routing work on the apollo? Is the best route doing all 16 in adat?

Nelson89

I don't want to hijack your thread, but this new UA looks awesome. I like MOTU and Focusrite products, but they can't compete with the bundled plugins...seriously, two 1176s, a LA2A, Pultec EQs and a UA 610 preamp? That's some serious ****...

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ApolloTwinD
Oh my...looks like I'll need to make a trip to the store when this baby comes out in Australia. My Duet FW seems to crash mavericks (still fine with my laptop running snow leopard, so not a complete loss) so I'm in the market for another small interface for the iMac. Great find!

EDIT: looks like its already out haha, just gotta save up the $1200 it costs here

Weerez935

On the apollo 16 since it has the pre plugins would there be much difference in using analog to xlr vs adat?

Motterpaul

Tone is in the Ears
I just saw the new United Audio at NAMM, I would say it is amazing. The only drawback is that it comes with a few key plugins, but the rest you have to buy. The cool thing is that it has DSP processing inside so those plugins run without taxing the computer CPU.

But the interface is very cool, and it is all small and all self contained. Not too expensive considering the quality - and the included plugins. Only comes in Thunderbolt, however. (would be nice if someone from Windows made a thunderbolt card). By the way, Intel invented T-bolt (not Apple).

Very fast, latency down to 2 milliseconds.

Nelson89

I just saw the new United Audio at NAMM, I would say it is amazing. The only drawback is that it comes with a few key plugins, but the rest you have to buy. The cool thing is that it has DSP processing inside so those plugins run without taxing the computer CPU.

But the interface is very cool, and it is all small and all self contained. Not too expensive considering the quality - and the included plugins. Only comes in Thunderbolt, however. (would be nice if someone from Windows made a thunderbolt card). By the way, Intel invented T-bolt (not Apple).

Very fast, latency down to 2 milliseconds.
Yeh, it comes with the plugs that you'd get if you just bought a UAD2 satellite duo, seeing as this is a whole interface for just a little bit more money it makes sense, but they have sales every now and again in their online store to make buying some other plugs more worthwhile.

Trending Topics