Tighten up a Budda SD 18 II

oacikgoz

Hi everyone,

I own a Budda Superdrive II 18 combo and I was wondering what you would suggest to tighten up the tone. It has LOTS of gain on tap but it can't really deliver say a rectifier type palm-muted tones... I'm not really into that kind of music anyway but sometimes I feel like playing heavy metal and I'd really appreciate if you could tell me what I can do for that sort of music. I think tube rectifier is responsible for that but there must be something I can do about it.

Thank you

mojoslide

Silver Supporting Member
Closed back cab as was already suggested...BUT...first make sure (if you haven't already) you pull out the Mid knob for the more scooped, modern tone. Then make sure you play around with the tone controls a lot. The tone controls are very interactive on Buddas - i.e. cutting the mids will change the lows and highs, etc. Also a boost pedal will tighten things up too!

mojoslide

Silver Supporting Member
I'd say either one depending on the features. Something like an RC Booster would be good because it has active EQ for highs and lows. I've personally used an AC Booster with my Budda and it sounded good, especially for thickening up a Strat. I've also had a Fulldrive2 and now use an Analogman Sd-1/808, which does cut some bass but shoves the guitar out front in the mix live (mainly for solos, etc). Any pedal with the level pushed a bit will help tighten up your sound, but I'd get something that has good EQ and separate bass and hi controls. Even an EQ pedal would get the job done.

Mudder

The classic setup would be either a TS808 or TS9 or DS-1 with the gain turned nearly all the way down, tone and volume set to taste. That will tighten things up a bit and make your palm mutes nice and chunky.

I like to use a clean boost instead, right now I'm messing with a Baja Boost.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom