• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

tightest most articulate tube screamer?

williamh

I recently owned an analogman King of tone, and was impressed with how tight sounding and articulate the distortion side was when using it for rhythm and delayed leads(mostly dotted 8th note delay). I ended up selling it because, I never used the second channel, and it took up too much space for me to only be using the red channel. So anyways, looking for a different tube screamer type pedal, that is as tight sounding as the kot, at similar gain levels. Any suggestions?

Strat58

Hi try the Rodenberg 828 I use one and in front a germanium treble boost from Hartman. Its a killer combination you hear overdrive and clean tones together, its like the treble boost is making the overdrive very tight (and the 828 is very tight itself)
Peace Strat58

orogeny

Liked the KOT?You'll LOVE the AM Silver. You should see the SIZE of some of the parts in that thang. . . huge compared to the original. Allows for a huge, articulate sound. . . .

williamh

I appreciate the replies, I'd like to mention again though that one of the reasons i sold the kot was space. I really don't want to have to buy two pedals to get this. I don't mind dropping a good deal of money on a pedal that will do essentially the same thing in a smaller package(distortion channel of kot)

cameron

Cusack Screamer might fit the bill. I never compared one directly to the KoT, though . . .

The Screamer Fuzz is an interesting variant, with a lot of flexibility in one box. I kinda regret getting the Screamer rather than the Screamer Fuzz . . .

iamspartacus

as far as screamers go, my all time favorite is the Musician's Junkyard Screamer. Musical with all the yummy "middy"-ness.

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Silver Supporting Member
I appreciate the replies, I'd like to mention again though that one of the reasons i sold the kot was space. I really don't want to have to buy two pedals to get this. I don't mind dropping a good deal of money on a pedal that will do essentially the same thing in a smaller package(distortion channel of kot)
ok so i'm not the best demo guy, but here you go.

a KoT V1 is here, and at least the way I use it, I had a boost going in channel one, and a tasty OD in channel two.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=h0dMP-bto_M

therefore, your solution is to go find a Version 1 of a KoT, since it's in a smaller box but does much of what the V2 does with less bells and whistles.

giggedy

I wouldn't say the AM Silver is nearly as tight as the KOT. I think they're pretty different, and I love them both, but one of the defining characteristics of the KOT is it's tightness in my opinion.

Top Bottom