TIM and OCD....WOWWW!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Gdog, Oct 20, 2005.

1. Gdog

Gdog Member

I just got through doing a gig with an OCD I borrowed from a friend. I use a TIM for clean(with a touch of dirt) stuff and use the boost on it for a sightly beefy solo. Also, for a heavy, rocking sound, I use another OD pedal to stack on the TIM(boost off). I keep the TIM on all the time, it just sounds that good. SO TO THE POINT... I switched the other OD for the OCD and all I can say is wow!! The OCD sounds great, but with the TIM, notes just jump out of the amp and cuts through the mix and without being too harsh. Great combo!
    Anybody else doing this?:D

2. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

I've heard the Tim and OCD work great together!
    I use the FD-2 set for mild OD before the OCD those 2 work very nice together when the OCD is goosed by the FD-2

3. Shnook

Shnook Supporting Member

I've been running the OCD and TIM together for a good while now and I'm very pleased with the results. Those two together cover all my OD needs.

4. esoteric pete

esoteric pete Supporting Member

i run my timmy into my OCD with awesome results. the "notes jumping out" description is perfect....right on the money!

i loooove my timmy! the OCD is nice too, but the natural gritty tone of the timmy is just heavenly.

5. duckbunny

duckbunny Member

Do you run the OCD into the loop of the TIM, or do you put it before or after in the FX chain?

-db

6. bean

bean Supporting Member

I run an OCD right after my TIM. The TIM is set with gain at 20%, volume at 65%. The OCD is set with volume a little less than 50%, gain at about 70% and tone at about 60% (LP mode). This combo REALLY puts the OCD into, uhh, overdrive. Fattens out the bottom and gives it a fuzz quality. I love the way it sounds.

7. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

Anyone have the link to Paul Cochrane?

You guys that have the pedal, you ought to go over to Harmony Central and write some reviews of it! If you do, see if there is a way to put in the web address after someone started the review? It is a shame, I bet he's losing a lot of business by not having his address there on the HC site for his product.

8. Gdog

Gdog Member

duckbunny, I didn't think of that. I just put it in line right after the TIM. It stayed really fat and punchy...nice. Would it be better in the loop?

9. onemind

onemind Member

Paul doesn't have a website, and prefers not to really deal "electronically" with orders. He's not a luddite just really busy! Search the forums here for contact info. I think he's at maximum capacity anyway so I don't really know if he'd lament "losing" business.

(s)

10. pepeteus

pepeteus Member

Yes. And of course I can't speak for Paul, but he has said many times that he even doesn't want his pedal business to get any bigger, at the moment. It's just his hobby that he does in the evenings and weekends when he has "spare" time. It's a wonder how he manages to keep the waiting list at 2-3 months. The demand is getting higher and higher I've noticed 'cause when I got mine about a year and a half ago the wait was about a month. And I wonder how long he keeps on doing this. The man should rest sometimes. :) :cool: