Tim and Timmy showed up at my doorstep

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by cbpickin, Jul 29, 2006.

1. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

Yes, that's right another new Tim/Timmy owner here. Mailman put the box on my doorstep and walked away without even ringing the bell. I guess he knew how loud it was gonna get around my house. Major honeymoon loving going on around here!

I got on the list QUITE a while ago and read all the discussion and old threads while I was waiting. Even with all the hype, these pedals are still way underrated and WAY underpriced! Paul owes it to himself to raise his prices a least a little. These are very professional looking and sounding pedals. I have spent a lot of money on other overdrives over the last 6 months and I feel like if I knew what was coming, I would have contently waited for these guys to show up. They are more than worth the wait.

They ARE the perfect overdrive for me. The tone of my guitars and amps come through loud and clear and I have never heard an eq section like they have. Now I know why everyone raves about the eq! It can go in so many directions with just slight changes in the treble and bass knobs.

I have had them too short a time to give much of a detailed reaction, but I am overjoyed with them to say the least. All the cliches apply and are true with this pedal. I just don't know how much use my other od's are gonna see now. There's always room for a few od's on my board, but the Tim is gonna be my staple now.
    And I just got through gushing about the BJF pedals a couple of weeks ago! What a great time period to play guitar.:AOK

If you're on the list , try to relax. It'll be worth it.
    :dude :dude :dude :dude :dude

2. BillyK

BillyK Supporting Member

Hey CBPickin:
    Great to hear that you are loving Paul's pedals. Good to hear as well that Tim production is happening again! When did you order your Tim?

3. cbpickin

Paul has his new silkscreens for the Tim thanks to a fellow forum member, so Tim production should increase pretty substantially. I waited about 6 months, but the wait should be a lot less now.
    I have to say Paul is definitely a pleasure to deal with and is one of the best builders to deal with of any product I have purchased.

4. BillyK

BillyK Supporting Member

Thanks for the info!

Where do you think the Tim/Timmy will fit into your rig? YOu've already got some good pedals in your signal chain.

5. cbpickin

I'm thinking I'm going to drop it in right where the HB is now, between the Eternity and DRD. I'd like to just had 2 od's on my board, but I just can never seem to accept pulling the Eternity off.
    I need the DRD (or something) for some Marshall tones on some stuff and a good lower gain od. I could get by with just the Tim and DRD, but I have the real estate on my board, so hey it stays.
    Last night, I still ended up using the E 80-90% of the time. We'll see now that Tim is here.

6. Traintrack

Traintrack Coolest Member Award Aug 2009 Silver Supporting Member

[FONT=&quot]I think the Timmy is one of the best. Loading it into another box with the drive on 11:00 is very cool. Paul did a fine job with this circuit, I run it before my other Dirt boxes currently.

Hey CB, did you ever try to run your Comp at the end, before the 900? That where I am sitting these days.
    [/FONT]

7. cbpickin

I haven't. I have run it after my od's before, but I am finding I like it better before. It doesn't seem to color the tone of my od's as much as after. Just my preference, currently. I don't run it nearly as much as I used to with my Keeley BD-2. I mostly use it lightly for slide and some fingerpickin'. So, you're running it after modulation effects? I've never tried that.

8. shooto

shooto Supporting Member

is there a site you can hear Tim/Timmy pedals?

9. Fuzzdawg

Fuzzdawg Member

when did you place your order?

10. cbpickin

Well, I think the last several months have been pretty unusual for Paul because of the difficulty he was having getting the Tim boxes painted. I placed my order at the end of January, so it was a little bit of a wait.
    He is dedicated to getting his wait time back down quite a bit based on the posts he has made lately and now that he has the Tim silkscreens, things should speed up considerably.
    I hate to comment on anything about the wait, because I don't want to speak for Paul. He is very cool about talking with you himself. All I can say is if you have an order in, it will get done and you will be very happy.:)

11. dmbandtimmy

dmbandtimmy Member

YES! I placed my order and the very beginning of Feb.! :) Mine should be coming up soon :D

12. Coach

Coach Senior Member

+1

Enjoy your new pedals!