Tim in the House!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by JeffOlson, Dec 18, 2009.

1. JeffOlson

JeffOlson Member

My Tim arrived yesterday (thanks, Paul C!), and I had a chance to play with it a good bit last night (Strat -> Tim -> Gibson Goldtone GA-5).

What an amazingly open, clear, un-congested sound! It really is SHOCKING!

For low- to mid-gain dirt, I am really fond of the Fulltone OCD (or FD2 or RTO if I want a bit of mid-hump) running at 18 volts. However, the Tim makes the OCD feel compressed and congested in comparison (and the OCD is NOT compressed and congested in comparison to most dirt pedals). The closet I've ever come to the Tim's openness, apart from not using a pedal at all, is with the Kingsley Jester.

I opted not to have Paul add the external switches. I had a chance to try the Timmy first and found I much prefer the dip switches in the stock position for the clearest, most open sound. No need to add toggles to the outside of the Tim if I am not going to use them.

I like the Tim's boost, too. It is really great to set both the main Tim drive and the boost drive low. Use the main Tim drive for rhythm, then add the boost for leads.

2. kush06

kush06 Member

sounds exactly like what I need, you're not making my wait any easier. Mine gets here in early Feb! :rockin

3. JeffOlson

JeffOlson Member

Are you going to have Paul add the external switches to your Tim?

4. BlindLUCK

BlindLUCK Member

Yeah i just received my tim and timmy the other week (yes i was living under a rock if you must know). I'm with you on the "wow" factor. I'm keeping both and using both! haha unreal sound. EXACTLY what i was looking for! Right on Paul.