TIM is here-sure is tall!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Realfi, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Realfi

Realfi trying to re-MEMBER Silver Supporting Member

Well after a wait of 2 1/2 months my TIM pedal has arrived at work and just in time for two gigs this weekend!

I'm sure it's going to sound great because I loved my Timmy. I'm particularly keen to see how it stacks with the BJF Honey Bee I got recently.

Given the height of the TIM though I can imagine it's going to be a bit obstructive to hitting some of the other pedals on my small board-I may have to have a bit of a re-think on the locations.

I'm sure Paul has his reasons, but I do wish it was in a lower box even if it had a bigger footprint. The only other request would be for all the jacks to be at the top.

Nevertheless big thanks to Paul for giving me a long-wait discount which made faster freight affordable for me. As many of us have said before, his customer service and passion for improving our guitar tones is unparalleled.

2. Colt

Colt Member

just curious..how does tall height make it hard to hit other pedals? just give enough space between them (you said even a bigger footprint..so the space shouldn't hurt?) I never had that problem w/ my Tim (when I had it)....

3. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

Congrats Realfi! Me and ToneRanger are still patiently waiting for our Timmys. Somewhere over the Atlantic I suppose!

4. Realfi

It makes it really hard to hit the switches of two pedals at once if there's a big difference in height, something which in the past I've been able to do with careful layout. Not a biggy really and I'm sure I'll find a way around it with a looper I have or maybe even by putting one of the other drives in TIM's loop .

5. Realfi

That's a pity, seeing as you guys have tended to have more "character" pedals I'm really keen to hear what you think of your Timmys.

I'll report back on how TIM works with the HB after the weekend. We have a Dinosaur Jr support which means a bigger stage than normal for us on Sunday and the chance for a bit more Voxy goodness!!!

6. TeleTubby

TeleTubby Supporting Member

I've just made shims to put under the lower profile pedals on my boards, and made them all match the height of the tallest one. Easy with some scraps of wood and extra velco if you want to make the shims detachable? Enjoy the TIM, it's a great pedal, and have fun with Dinosaur Jr., they're a great band!

7. Realfi

Good thinking-thanks!

8. themusicboxstudios

themusicboxstudios Member

just put the tim at the top of the board with the honey bee right underneath it. it will serve as a second story, and it's really quite easy to hit both at the same time. i do it all the time.

9. Realfi

I'm going to head off home and try that right now. Now, where's that velcro....

10. themusicboxstudios

you'll see, it will end up being a blessing. i actually just ordered a custom aby + 2 loops housed in a tim size box so it can also sit above the pedals on the front row. i got it from pacificustom pedals. i asked him to do a BJF type paint job, and he did a really good job. It's see through red. Trouble is, once i trade my amp, i wont need it anymore. shame ... cuz i just got it today and it looks awsome.

it'll be in the emporium in the near future i'm guessing.

11. uberschall

uberschall Supporting Member

+1 for curehardy's suggestion. I just got a TC Jauernig Gristle King, which I think is the same height as the TIM. I was trying to figure out how to place it, and ended up putting my Blackstone right in front of it. No knobs to hit on the Blackstone, & it's the size of an MXR box but sideways- you can put it right up against the tall pedal. 4 different OD & boost options in a small space; can hit the switches on both pedals at once too- works great!

12. seanc

seanc Member

mine is on order to be sent down here to Perth. i am looking foward to mine.

Realfi - haha it seems that every pedal i want and order, you have it or seem to get in just as i order it. haha.

13. emjee

emjee Supporting Member

Hey Folks-

I have had my Tim for a few months and after I first got it I tried it a couple times and put it away and didnt use it for a couple months.
    I used it the other day for the first time since, and now (I dont remember really trying the eq controls when I first got it) it seems the bass knob has little or no effect at all, and the treble knob seems brightest when it is turned
    all the way counterclockwise (Or "O" if there were numbers on it). Anybody know what might cause this or have had similar problems?
    (New Battery, BTW)

Thanks,
    MG

14. Seegs

Seegs Member

The bass control is pre-gain and the treble control is post gain....the B/T controls are cut controls meaning that full CC or "0" is full treble and bass...if you want to cut bass and treble then you have to turn the knobs clockwise...

your pedal is most likely fine its just that the controls work backwards from most other pedals...

Chow,
    Seegs

15. emjee

emjee Supporting Member

Hi Seegs

Hey thanks for the reply, really appreciate the info. The info probably came with the pedal when I bought it, but of course they got lost or tossed.:eek: Thanks again, very much.

MG

16. Play by Tone

Play by Tone Member

Do you guys prepay on this or is it just a wait list?

17. emjee

emjee Supporting Member

Its a pre-paid wait list.

MG

18. themusicboxstudios

no it isn't. i'm on the list right now. you pay when he's done with the pedal.

19. Realfi

I've ordered two Timmys and a TIM from Paul and I didn't pay until they were complete.

20. overture2005

overture2005 Member

Yes!
    Just received two TIM and a TIMMY, the best pedal IMO! Thanks Paul!