Tim + ocd + (lpb-1?)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jordanyeo, Feb 6, 2012.

1. jordanyeo

jordanyeo Member

I'm shopping around for a TIM currently, loved the sounds I've heard on youtube. I currently own an OCD and an EHX LPB-1, but find I always have the drive set very low on the OCD. I think the TIM will meet this need, but I'm wondering if it's worth keeping the OCD and the LPB-1 around.

Does the OCD work well stacked with the TIM? Should I even bother keeping the LPB-1 with the TIM boost available?

2. WhoJamFan

WhoJamFan Supporting Member

I use my Tim as a boost. Either way, I think you'll deep 6 the LPB-1 once you hear what Timmy can do.

3. empressTIM

empressTIM Member

I use the TIM as an always-on, for clean-to-medium drive. I recently got an OCD and played it with the TIM boosting it. AWESOME!!! Such a good sound...you can use the OCD for a different flavor OD, and stack them for some phenomenal sounds.

Haven't used the LPB-1, so can't comment. The TIM boost is unique, and not as shapeable as other boosts. Maybe hold onto it until you can find what scratches the itch in your ear.