• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Tim waiting list query.

CWK

I e-mailed Paul C to get on the Tim waiting list on 28 Jan 09. No response received to date.

I'd phone him except I'm probably 10 or 12 time zones away and e-mail is easier.

Thanks.

Hugo Da Rosa

Gold Supporting Member
Sorry to kill your hopes, but there's a good chance you won't get a response from him via e-mail...period. Best way to contact him is via phone and if that means being up in the wee hours of the morning, then do what you gotta do. Plus you would get to chat with him and get a good idea of what his products are about.

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
I called him on 2/7 and he told me around 4 months for a Timmy. Very cool dude!!!
I'm very curious... why is the backlog so large and the wait time so long? If I had a product that was this good, I'd figure out a way to keep guys like us waiting and the "buzz" high, but maybe cut it down to 6 or 8 weeks at the most. Is making Tims/Timmys the only thing he does to make a living or does he have a "day job" too?

forum_crawler

I would call him... in fact, I did. Yesterday to be more precise and I am glad I did. He said sometime in May, so my fingers are crossed.

Call him, great guy to talk to.

Polynitro

I'm very curious... why is the backlog so large and the wait time so long? If I had a product that was this good, I'd figure out a way to keep guys like us waiting and the "buzz" high, but maybe cut it down to 6 or 8 weeks at the most. Is making Tims/Timmys the only thing he does to make a living or does he have a "day job" too?
I really don't see what the big deal is about waiting. I haven't played this pedal for over 30 years now another 4 mos aint gonna kill me.

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
It's not really a big deal, read the post again... "I'm very curious" pretty much states it all. I'm a guy who has a day job that pays a lot and I want to start my own pedal company somewhere down the road... I'm hoping that I can come close to the buzz around Paul's products and pray when I launch my pedal that I can support my family on it alone (eventually).

Polynitro

It's not really a big deal, read the post again... "I'm very curious" pretty much states it all. I'm a guy who has a day job that pays a lot and I want to start my own pedal company somewhere down the road... I'm hoping that I can come close to the buzz around Paul's products and pray when I launch my pedal that I can support my family on it alone (eventually).
oh thats cool, you should call him and chat. It seems rather personel to wonder what he does in between making pedals, maybe he's a Tennis nut? Id rather wait 4mos than have him hire people to assemble the pedal, or would I? Really couldn't be that hard to train someone to solder together a pedal.(of course then the price would go up, screw that!) But whatever I don't really care, I would if I payed him first then had to wait months like I do for strings :mad:

Isaiah4Autumn

Is making Tims/Timmys the only thing he does to make a living or does he have a "day job" too?
I believe he is doing it full time...his mother has cancer so he's in and out of making pedals and taking care of her (I belive he has addressed this issue in previous fourms)...give him a call he's really a salt of the earth type of guy. If you do not want to wait for his pedals don't and it won't hurt to get on his waiting list because if your name comes up you can choose to pass and give your pedal to the next guy that's been waiting...

Polynitro

4 months is long?

The wait time is 8-9 months... people who ordered on May 08 just got their pedals.
yeah 4 mos aint long...whats the D*A*M wait like 2 years? I orderd a Timmy maybe 2 weeks ago and he said 4 mos...so thats 3.5 months yay!

Phil M

Shapeshifting Member
Silver Supporting Member
I got on the list in mid-September '08 and was told 4 months, but I think he got backed up. I would expect to hear something in the next month or so. Count on 4-6 months.

PaulC

4 months is long?

The wait time is 8-9 months... people who ordered on May 08 just got their pedals.
I'm in my June '08 orders right now, and I'm hoping to be done with July and into Aug by the end of the month. I'm building about 2 months per month of my back log, so if I can have everything run smooth for the next couple of months i should have orders from today out in 4 months.

Last year was rough, and things happened that kept me from building like i had planned. I lost about 3 months due to things out of my control, and that got me way behind. I'm working on it...

Later, PaulC
myspace.com/paulcaudio

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
I'm in my June '08 orders right now, and I'm hoping to be done with July and into Aug by the end of the month. I'm building about 2 months per month of my back log, so if I can have everything run smooth for the next couple of months i should have orders from today out in 4 months.

Last year was rough, and things happened that kept me from building like i had planned. I lost about 3 months due to things out of my control, and that got me way behind. I'm working on it...

Later, PaulC
myspace.com/paulcaudio
"It's good to be the king"... at least you're in demand. The constant positive responses, reviews and sound clips on theTUBE keep a buzz about your product. I'm hoping to call you sooner than later.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom