Timbucker ordering info needed

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Herf, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Herf

Herf Member

Hi,
    Can someone tell me how I can order a set of Tim White Timbuckers? I can't find contact info for Mr. White. :(

Thanks for any help.

2. gregory49

gregory49 Member

last i heard he's not making them anymore

3. twinrider1

twinrider1 Member

This is true.

4. Herf

Herf Member

5. 59Vampire

59Vampire Silver Supporting Member

Tim has officially stopped to catch up with his life. Who knows what the future may bring

6. gearitis

gearitis Gold Supporting Member

A set sold for $699.00 on eBay yesterday (3.31.08).

I sold a set for about half that much a month before Tim announced that he was going to stop making them. I needed money at the time and since I had been on the list for a new set for about a year and a half I figured that my name would come up soon enough. Oh well!

I'm glad that Tim is doing what he needs to do at this point in his life and if that doesn't include making pickups so be it!

7. swankmotee

swankmotee Member

Get some Wolfetone's to fill your loss and I promise you that they will do the job!

8. Ed Reed

Ed Reed Senior Member

I was on the list for over two years and got to within 6-7 orders when he quit. I am still "on the list" IF he ever decides to wind again. BUT for now the only Timbuckers are used ones being sold on ebay for way too much.

9. bionic

bionic Member

I was #13 on the list before he quit and had been waiting for over two years:Spank. Oh well, I totally understand and he did say if he ever did return he would hold onto the list and start with that. I won't hold my breath though

10. Cody McLain

Cody McLain Member

I've got a pair of double cream Timbuckers in my '01 58 RI Lester and they are a lot better sounding than the stock 57 RI pickups that came stock in the guitar. I got them used maybe 4-5 years back on this board for around 2 bills. I like them, but I've never compared them to any other after-market pickups in this guitar (I don't have that kind of patience). I honestly think you could do just as well with some of the other pickup makers PAF clones. I've played other lesters with various ones and liked them just as well, although every guitar has it's own thing going on anyway.

I like my Timbuckers, but I can't imagine paying $5-600 for the pair.

11. swankmotee

swankmotee Member

It bears repeatin'!!! Wolfe's are every bit as good and his customer service is top shelf! Don't beat yourself up chasin' your tail on this because I've heard Tim's which are excellent but the Wolfe's can do the same thing with alot less cash and wait!

12. 59Vampire

59Vampire Silver Supporting Member

I have wolfes too and they are great

13. MikeyG

MikeyG Supporting Member

I love my Dr Vintage pickups. I have a pair of Timbuckers in my PRS Goldtop, but I can't really compare the two, since the guitars themselves are so different (my PRS is IRW).

14. amphead777

amphead777 Member

There are many great pickup makers these days. I for one use Sheptone Tribute PAF's, in both of my Les Pauls. He will wind them any way you want. As long as it doesn't exceed 9 ohms.
    http://www.sheptone.com/hum.htm

15. Sniper-V

Sniper-V Member

A lot of great pup winders out there for options.

I wish I had enough guitars to put everything I wanted in.

I really dig:
    • WB '67-07 VTPH - currently my #1 in my R9. Best thing I've tried so far...
    • Tom Holmes 450/455 - great pup and was my go to for a long long time, absolutly love this pup.
    • WCR - Just about every darn thing he does rocks!