Time Lapse Studio Set Up Vid

Nothing earth shattering, and the video finishes before I arrived and set up my amp and pedals, but I found it amusing. The audio is just us screwing around after basic levels had been gotten:

cubistguitar

love the track, that bass is killer, sludgey and great vibe, looks like a fun studio

love live studio tracks, they have all the fun of live performance with none (or few) of the problems

whuzzat studio? where?

love the track, that bass is killer, sludgey and great vibe, looks like a fun studio

love live studio tracks, they have all the fun of live performance with none (or few) of the problems

whuzzat studio? where?

Studio is +/- aka Plus Minus in Pittsburgh. It is currently in it's third and best location. I am pretty sure the guy who runs it owns the building now and this has enabled him to really make do all the improvements and remodeling that weren't possible when they rented spaces.

https://www.facebook.com/plusminusrec/?fref=ts

We were clearly just screwing around after the engineer had got a level from each of us and was playing with the monitor mixes.

pics:

Last edited:
fun, love the "plate" reverb, looks like a 16 track Otari, great sound

Nah, just a Tascam. We used it 15 years ago at their previous location, but nowadays just go into the daw.

The "plate" is something I put together and run a small guitar amp into. With too much volume or low end, it rattles horribly, but when hit lighter, it just gives a horribly nasty midrange tone. It is pretty rough on it's own but can work when blended with a more normal track. I used it on a short solo.

cubistguitar

Tascam, probably a nice deck too

the plate looks like fun, what was the source of the sheet metal, salvage or new sheet

you always get good sounds, I bet the solo was savage

They have a one inch two track in there, as well.

Even though we do everything in the daw(and I do my vocals at home) it's tempting to mix to that, but that would make mastering probably too expensive for what we need to spend.

cubistguitar

you could always make a tape master and then transfer back to digital, but nearly pointless I suppose, there are plugs that do tape artifacts almost as good as tape

Trending Topics