• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Time sensitive! Which tones on Zep 1 have the Tone Bender and which are straight Supro??

JB Eckl

I have to record a high-end amp demo tomorrow and it’s all Zep 1 tones. Do you scholars know which ones have the Tone Bender and which don’t? HELP APPRECIATED!

drewl

I'd say anything that sound like a fuzz, like Dazed, How many more times maybe.

Rockledge

Being a fan of Supro amps ( I just sold a vintage corsica this summer and recently bought a new Comet) I have done a bit of research on them, it it seems to me that info on just exactly how Mr Page did what he did and what gear he used seems to be a bit rhetorical and hard to find. I hope you find the info you are looking for.
I think your best bet would be to try to find old interviews with Mr Page, which are also somewhat rare. He seems to have always been somewhat tight lipped about how he did what he did, but in later years opened up a little.

Toggle

No Zep scholar here, but just as an educated (?) guess, I'd say You Shook Me, Dazed and Confused, and How Many More Times all have the Tone Bender on them.

lpsunburst

Dazed and Confused, You Shook Me, Communication Breakdown, Good Times Bad Times are all Supro w/Tonebender. How Many More Time is overdriven board like Black Dog was.

forgivenman

Silver Supporting Member
The high harmony on the descending main riff of dazed is a tele>tone bender>console

DewieCox

Silver Supporting Member
In the most recent interviews where such matters were discussed, Page said it was only You Shook Me that had a Tone Bender.

lpnv59

IMHO, the basic guitar tracks are just the cranked up Supro on Communicate Breakdown, D&C, HMMT and Good Times Bad Times with the Tone Bender prominent on You Shook Me. You can also hear it sometimes where he doubles the basic tracks. The last verse of Dazed, you clearly can hear double with the bender. The solo to D&C and HMMT are both with the Bender as well.

Trending Topics