Time to find a new amp

Resonate01

Recently put up my Dr Z. Z28 combo up for sale this weekend. Wondering what amps some of you would recommend? Only reason I sold the Z28 was because I wanted to switch to a Head-Cab setup, and wouldn't mind exploring other options in the meantime. I play mostly worship and I travel a lot so lightweight is preferred!

Bikedude

Gold Supporting Member
You'll have to narrow down you're criteria, for any useful answers from these guys.

stevel

No lie.

What does "travel" mean?

If I'm "traveling", I want something with a single handle. Guitar case in one hand, combo amp in the other. Done.

Are you playing for 100 people or 1000 people? How is the monitor situation? Do you want high gain from the amp or not?

doublescale1

Suhr S-Classic, V60LP's, Soft V neck
Gold Supporting Member
Mesa Mark V 25 - Small, compact type head that packs a wallop - easy to control output 10 or 25 watts, built-in Cab-Clone for direct to FOH - fantastic Mesa take on the classic Mark series voices. You didnt specify your preferred amp voice (Fender/Marshall/Vox) so this little Mesa will start at the Fender type voice and take you to all kinds of OD flavors. The built in Cab-Clone will be very handy for your worship gigs. Good Hunting.

wrxplayer

Gold Supporting Member
Like the others I have no idea what you may want but there's a Suhr Badger 18 head + cab in the emporium. Great set-up.

slybird

I own a Quilter 101. I love it. There are a couple people here using it with a 1x8 cab.

IM4Tone

Why not just get a custom head cab made for the amp since you like it? Probably less $$$ than a 'sell one/purchase another' and always reversible. THIS guy builds quality products @ very reasonable prices.

Recently put up my Dr Z. Z28 combo up for sale this weekend. Wondering what amps some of you would recommend? Only reason I sold the Z28 was because I wanted to switch to a Head-Cab setup, and wouldn't mind exploring other options in the meantime. I play mostly worship and I travel a lot so lightweight is preferred!
So what did you end up with?

Killcrop

Silver Supporting Member
The Z28 is a tonefull amp. Won't be easy to replace. I recently picked up a Divided by 13 13/29 that is an amazing tonfull amp. Has similar gain abilities to the z28 but has way nicer cleans plus reverb. You can get it in a head too. Real nice amp.

Last edited:

Trending Topics