Time to get serious, new sound clip******

B

bedrock

That was good earcandy. Very nice rock-solid guitar tone mix. Raw and to the point.What I heard was the tone I'm always after for my own hard rockin tunes.I like that sound, very natural,you hear the strings and wood.
Great tone,rockin' material!:dude

bedrock said:
That was good earcandy. Very nice rock-solid guitar tone mix. Raw and to the point.What I heard was the tone I'm always after for my own hard rockin tunes.I like that sound, very natural,you hear the strings and wood.
Great tone,rockin' material!:dude

Thanks man. It can be tough to pull off, this certainly wasn't the first take. I'm finnally spending some time recording, lots of new stuff going on.

:)

Reissueplayer

Thanks for posting the clip. It had excellent tones in it and a really nice 70s vibe. :dude

What equipment did you use to produce and capture this? Just curious. I'm guessing you used both strats and les pauls?

The mix is sort of distant sounding to me, like a fairly big reverb was put on top. It leaves room for any vocals and lead guitars to be placed more in front. I've never thought of it that way before, but it's a nice touch and makes for a balanced live sounding feel.

Reissueplayer said:
Thanks for posting the clip. It had excellent tones in it and a really nice 70s vibe. :dude

What equipment did you use to produce and capture this? Just curious. I'm guessing you used both strats and les pauls?

The mix is sort of distant sounding to me, like a fairly big reverb was put on top. It leaves room for any vocals and lead guitars to be placed more in front. I've never thought of it that way before, but it's a nice touch and makes for a balanced live sounding feel.

Absolutely. I always mix with heavy amounts of hall reverbs.
I'll post a clip of me and my girlfriends project later,
the mix is a good example of what we're talking about,
the volcals blend so well..
The live sound is where its at for me, are where I find
sound to be the most balanced. (Mixed right of course.)

I used a Les Paul, DRRS Rocca amp,boost pedal, and 4 12" mano'war loaded cab. All the other effects, delay, reverb are on the board.

tradarama

www.PRIMEGUITARS.com
Silver Supporting Member
Certainly a benchmark for those of us at home to aspire to.

Trending Topics