1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Time to stop using photobucket?

Discussion in '"How To" Tips for the new Software' started by Beakertwang, Jun 29, 2017.

1. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

this seems kinda weird, but there are now browser extensions you can get (for chrome at least) that automatically go to photobucket, somehow yank out the pic that they're refusing to host and show it anyway!

i'm using one called "photobucket embedded image fix" and everything is now magically back in place on my browser. i'm not sure how long-term a fix this is, it's kinda like a vending machine that was free starts charging crazy money and instead of paying everybody just starts picking the lock instead. how long until they just throw their hands up and shut it down entirely?

2. geek-mo

geek-mo Supporting Member

Not soon enough.

3. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

?

the longer they stick around the better off we all are, if they go away like half the internet gets wrecked.

4. '57 Precision

'57 Precision Member

I'm afraid that you don't understand, Sir - it ALREADY HAS!!! This is why MANY forums including those that used photobucket for their sites no longer have photos but pictures of a speed-o-meter that says " We are robbing you of posting photos until you pay an exhorbitant price to show them"!!! Um, I saw this on modeling forums that I'm a member of when it first happened. This didn't just happen here, but EVERYWHERE!!! What I really can't believe is that threads like this are STILL AROUND! Here's a clue - WWW.PICTURETRAIL.COM

5. Baxtercat

Baxtercat Member

Neat.
    I'ma see if I got this app. right,
    here goes:
    [​IMG]

Sonovagun, I see it.
    Anyone else?

6. JimmyB

JimmyB Silver Supporting Member

Yup... I added the photobucket embedded image fix extension to Chrome and Bob's yer uncle!

Baxtercat likes this.
  7. alainguitars

alainguitars Member