1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Timefactor et al, why a dual delay?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by geoangus, Jan 19, 2008.

1. geoangus

geoangus Member

Delay noob question. Why the second delay function? Is it like stacking delay on delay? Could you name some songs where dual delay is used? For U2 covers, would this be really useful, or would a DD-20 or Nova Delay work just fine as well?

Thanks

2. WorkingClassDan

WorkingClassDan Member

why not a dual delay? :D
    you can set one for reverb and the second for delay or just to have a cascading runaway melange of sound.
    and yup, the DD20 and Nova do it. (I have both of those) but the TF looks like it's a little easier to control the second delay. There is deeper control for a lot of things on the TF.

3. Alex Law

Alex Law Member

Satriani (for example) uses two delays, one at 400ms or so and the other at about 600ms, simultaneously, instead of reverb.

4. g-nem

g-nem Member

I've been thinking about starting a dual delay settings thread to talk about uses. On the timefactor, it is kind of cool to have one delay as a very short slapback or chorusy delay and the other as a standard delay. Also it can be nice to have a loud short feedback delay as well as a quieter long feedback delay for ambience. Too bad the settings for both delays on the timefactor have to be the same, as far as modulation depth and speed, tone, etc.

5. Stressfest

Stressfest Supporting Member

Look around the pedal board thread...many examples of two delays on there. I personally have always gotten by with one delay but am loving the added option of the 2nd that the Timefactor has given me. I'm currently ripping off Pertrucci...one set 250ms and one at 500ms. :D

6. The Pup

The Pup Supporting Member

7. KagakuNinja

KagakuNinja Member

8. Sniper-V

Sniper-V Member

Running 2 delays on at the same time can yield some very cool and unique effects!

I like creating a "galloping" effect with 2 delays when timed correctly with some modulation.

I actually currently have 3 delay pedals on my board at the moment:
    - Memory Lane
    - Nova Delay
    - DD-20

9. g-nem

g-nem Member

That's a neat clip- thanks! Probably not what most people are using two delays for. Love that he says he made a mistake- I had assumed it was intentional- just goes to show you should never admit you made a mistake:)