Timefactor owners

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by trazan, Feb 15, 2008.

1. trazan

trazan Member

What size DC plug does it take? Regular stomp box size?

If so, would that be 5.5mm/2.1mm?

2. trazan

trazan Member

3. NoFi

NoFi Member

The diam. of the power plug is 2.5mm not 2.1mm.

4. trazan

trazan Member

2.5 inside and 5.5 outside? Hm, so not regular stomp box size then...?

5. Pat Healy

Pat Healy Member

I'm not completely sure of the exact dimensions of the plug, but I do know that standard stomp box adapters will not fit, nor will the plugs from the Pedal Power or DC Brick. I'm powering mine with the wall wart that came with it, which is probably best anyway since the TF's power requirements are much greater than what most pedal adapters or power supplies can provide.

6. The lamb

The lamb Member

[​IMG]

Don't know the excatly mm size but it's same size as DL4 . :eek:

not as normal BOSS size.:nono

7. starfly59

starfly59 Member

The Voodoo labs Pedal Power II+ works great with the TimeFactor. Just have to use outlets 5 or 6 on Line 6 mode and use one of the red 'line 6' power cables. I used mine tonight for a three hour gig just fine.

8. Teahead

Teahead Member

Interesting, how many mA does the PP2+ supply on each L6 setting? I understand it's 250mA each, so you are able to power the Timefactor on 500mA total? No glitches in the display or anything?

Burkey are developing a rectifier to turn the Flatliner's 1000mA AC output to DC, I was concerned it wouldn't have enough juice as the Eventide supply is rated at 1200mA, but clearly is has a great chance.

9. starfly59

starfly59 Member

Yeah, so the Line 6 mode on the PP2+ are setup for the bigger stompboxes (DL4, MM4, etc) and those require 1200mA at 9V as well. I'm running the DL4 on one and the TimeFactor on another.

10. Teahead

Teahead Member

But the L6 outputs only put out 250mA each, right? So your Timefactor is running quite happily on 500mA?

edit ... actually you're only using one, so the Timefactor is running on just 250mA?

11. starfly59

starfly59 Member

Yes, it works fine. No added noise or anything. I was originally using the wall wart through the back ac outlet and I don't hear any difference.

I guess it's because the Line 6 mode is unregulated that makes it work with these pedals.

If you compare those line 6 box's power requirements with the timefactor's, they are exactly the same which makes me think eventide planned for people to use the PP2+. Smart.

12. Teahead

Teahead Member

Ah, I see, the fact they are unregulated allows the Timefactor to pull the power that it needs. So the 250mA rating is bypassed and it ramps up to whatever the Eventide pulls. Ok, thanks for your help!

13. trazan

trazan Member

But then the voltage drops, no? The Timafactor does indeed want unregulated power?

14. trazan

trazan Member

If the PP2+ does power the Timefactor without problems, that's very good news :hiP But it would be nice to know for sure...

A little note about unregulated power:

15. starfly59

starfly59 Member

I'm sure if you just e-mailed Eventide they would confirm this. They are supposed to have great customer support.

16. starfish

starfish Supporting Member

From TF FAQ's:

Can you run the Stompboxes at a lower mA rating?
    Possibly. However we strongly recommend using the Eventide supply which has been tested and certified. Users may try lower Amperage rated supplies at their own risk. Resultant damage is not covered under warranty.

17. The Pup

The Pup Supporting Member

I wish I could find a suitable adapter power supply with a 90-degree angle plug end.

Anybody?

18. Teahead

Teahead Member

No doubting their support, I have already asked if the 1000mA from the Flatliner would be enough for the Timefactor, here's what they said ...

This is the company line and they'll stick to it, understandably so. The last thing they need is a bunch of fried/starved Timefactors in for repair and saying anything that could encourage this would be foolish. I pushed a little further and got this reply ...

Your experience speaks for itself, the pedal is running on whatever the PP2+ is putting out from a single L6 output. Although the current rating of this has yet to be determined, I really doubt that it's 250mA as noted on their site.

I suppose contacting Voodoo Labs would be the best bet, to see exactly what the PP2+ is supplying in L6 settings. I do not doubt your success at powering it this way, I'm just really curious of the specifics so that I can make an educated guess as to the chances my Flatliner has of powering the Eventide.

Originally Posted by The Pup [​IMG]
    I wish I could find a suitable adapter power supply with a 90-degree angle plug end.

Anybody?

Aren't the Line6 Supplies like that? Sounds very much like one would work with the Timefactor or maybe you could have the angled tip removed and put onto the Eventide supply?

19. NoFi

NoFi Member

Why would anyone bother Eventide with this when it takes 30 seconds to plug a DMM and find out the Timefactors draws about 350ma (without any midi devices plugged in).