timefactor settings for ej lead and clean?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by coolhand78, Aug 4, 2008.

1. coolhand78

coolhand78 Supporting Member

my timefactor just arrived 2day and i'm playing 2moro nite and don't have a chance to fiddle with it much so i'm wondering if anyone has worked out some cool eric johnson settings for it? I'm mostly interested in his lead delay but his clean delay would also be cool...

Cheers

2. blood5150

blood5150 Member

i would like to see some of these settings as well....

3. coolhand78

4. risinger77

risinger77 Member

The eventide is an extremely versatile, professional unit. I have toured with mine for the past year and have found some settings good for leads...but it's all subjective to how you like it.

First, understand the differences b/w settings. Here is a link to give you a great taste of the versatility. You may find what you are looking for here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3xsys91Rjg&feature=user

I use a tap tempo with my pedal. I typically set up my time sigs. so I can nearly always tap in a quarter not patter and have the right setting. If you don't use a tap...you better have every song clicktracked and set your bpms.

I like the tape echo a lot. You can pull some great tones out if it. Hope this helps. If you have any other specifics I'll do my best to help.

5. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

i've been using the moddelay with the mod turned off for EJ clean. its set to 140ms and 410 i think with a lot of feedback (I control mix via exp. pedal).

Digital delay is what I use for the lead sounds.... I think 310 ms with 20% mix and a 35 feedback IIRC.

6. coolhand78

after a very small amount of fiddling with it late last nite, i came up with
    tape echo, wet 20, a10 b3, 330ms hiss 2 wow 2 flutter 4...

after re-watching the guitar tv vid where the guy from voodoo labs trys to cop
    the cliffs tone, he mentions that the delay is about 420ms, so i'll try that tonite
    and see what i prefer...

do you guys use the dsp or relay bypass?

7. JimiB

JimiB Member

relay but I'm not sure thats best