Timefactor Trigger Pulling Nervousness...

The_Wretched

So I got the cash for the Timefactor. I've been drooling for months and now I'm nervous about pulling the trigger. Hell I ever got $250 in free money so it's only costing me $150. Why am I nervous???

1. It looks intimidating.
2. I've never spent more than $200 on a pedal. (I've only been playing 2 years)

Why is this happening???

Should I go and get it?? :bonk

mlt1214

Go for it. As a college student I know how much it sucks to drop a ton of money on a single pedal, but remember- you can always return it if it doesn't float your boat. $150 for a Timefactor is a steal.

Reckedtrek

No pedal works for everyone, so there is no guarantee that this is THE pedal for you.
Having said that the pedal is extremely versatile, can be updated free of charge, and IMO is one heck of a delay pedal. Plus if you're paying $400 it sounds like you're getting a new one which (I would assume) makes it returnable if you really don't like it.
I am certainly very happy with mine and do not regret spending the money considering I play more as a result of no longer trying to find the right delay pedal.

Buy it! I was in the same situation as you a few months back and I'm still very happy I went for the TF. Like you said, some of the cash was free so if you've been wanting one and were afraid to spend that much, this is the perfect time to buy!

((TechnicolorSkyline))

Silver Supporting Member
You will love it, go for it!

Very easy to learn, and fairly straightforward. With the new update I don't miss my El Capistan or Brigadier one bit, it's that damn good!

SteveO

They're not difficult to figure out at all.

I was so impressed with my TimeFactor that I later went out and bought the ModFactor without even trying one out. Just updated it with the Beta software, and I love it even more.

Macaroni

You might want to wait and see what Eventide's new pedal does - it will be shown at NAMM. Supposedly delays, reverbs, etc.

I have a TF and it's fantastic.

datguytim

Silver Supporting Member
Dude - pull the trigger! It's the best delay pedal made today - for about 20 different reasons: 100 presets, MIDI capability, expression pedal control for any & all knobs, amazing sounding tape & vintage modes, killer filtered delays, secondary LFO if wanted, choice of Bypass type, USB upgrades that frickin' RULE, etc., etc.

The new Eventide pedal is KILLER, but it won't be redundant if you get the Timefactor. In fact, it's the PERFECT compliment to it!

mlweidl

+1 on getting used and a T1M AUX switch is a MUST. I picked one up second had with the aux switch for 350... never looked back

((TechnicolorSkyline))

Silver Supporting Member
+1 on getting used and a T1M AUX switch is a MUST. I picked one up second had with the aux switch for 350... never looked back
+2

I found a mint in box Timefactor with all papers, power supply, T1M 3-button foot switch and TRS cable on here just a few weeks ago for $300 shipped.

They pop up all the time, just hold out for one that is priced decently ($300 or lower without switch)

slopeshoulder

get it.
and get a fixed expression from T1M.
AND a midi mouse.
and an aux switch for mix level control.
and then spend a week in the manual.

it's great.

Last Nerve

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
Gold Supporting Member
AMAZING delay pedal.
Seriously. Does so much, does it so well, and everything is right in front of you.
The new v.3. Beta or whatever just came out, has some GREAT improvements, too.

soli528

Look, my first gold medal.
Gold Supporting Member
Ha. if you're quoting Leary in your sig, chances are you'll like the TimeFactor. :D
Seriously though, it's really great and not all that intimidating after a little use. Dan's (T1M) switches work really well with it, and +1 to buying a used one. They hold their value well, and unless you spill beer or something on it, you should be able to get your money back if it doesn't work for you.

Rev2S

Give it a shot...if it doesn't work out for you, then sell it and get your money back.

I bought one but sold it a few months later and went back to a DD-20.

The_Wretched

When is NAMM?

I would go with used but the free cash is Amazon.com money so it can't be bought her at TGP.

RickB

I waited a long time to finally try the TimeFactor. In that time, I went through a lot of different delays, many of which were the flavor of the month here. I sold them all off and picked up the TimeFactor and haven't looked back. Can't think of a single thing I miss about any of the ones that are gone now. As said above, the new v3 software has given it some really nice improvements. Great unit and updatable. Give it a shot!

The_Wretched

Sounds like a done deal. Now I'm wondering about the new Eventide pedal debut in NAMM.

Even if the new pedal has delays and verbs and stuff... it probably doesn't have the extensive delays.

Trending Topics