• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Timefactor Troubles

THiwaTT

I am using my Timefactor in a setup where I switch it in and out of a bypass loop.

To let my long delays to spill over (mute the delay input)

I used output #1 going to the return of the bypass loop and output #2 going to the Bright/low input on my amp while the output of the bypass looper goes to Regular/high input

The problem is when I switch in the delay the volume is boosted

Is there anyway to fix this
(Switches are set to Guitar and Amp)

soundbee

Double Platinum Member
Without seeing the rest of your pedals, the delay sound is probably boosted because when switch in the loop your signal is now buffered. You can probably fix this by putting another buffered pedal before your looper. But this of course kind of defeats the purpose of using a bypass looper. Not all loops are bad. I actually like the sound of my TF buffer (the buffered pedal in my chain)

Also what might be of issue is the phase of your amp. I'm not sure if the TF reverses the signal phase. If so then this would explain your situation if you were using a Fender Deluxe/Twin type amp. Normally, the two channels are out of phase. If you tried to plug into both at the same time the phase cancellation would result in lower volume, less bass, etc. - So in your case, if you're using an amp with the two channels out of phase AND the TF reverses phase when engaged (don't know if it does) then that would result in a volume increase.

More info needed....?

THiwaTT

Switching the Timefactor in and out of the loop using only one input is no problem but when i use the second input the volume is boosted.

It is a four input Hiwatt style amp

soundbee

Double Platinum Member
Ok - yes, the inputs are 'in phase' - so my guess would be that you're going from non-buffered signal to buffered which is giving you a slight volume and tone boost (treble mostly). I would recommend doing away with the looper and setting the TF bypass mode to "DSP+DLY Bypass" - this will give you the delay trails when you bypass the pedal and keep you buffered.

You can still used the dual outs to your Hiwatt and get an extra space free on your board by losing the looper.

Trending Topics