timefactor volume drop problem

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by markhan, Feb 26, 2015.

1. markhan

markhan Member

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this problem. When I have my Eventide Timefactor in my signal chain, there is a large volume drop, whether the delay is active or bypassed. I'm pretty sure it didn't do this before, as I've been through my pedal board in detailed searches for small changes due to pedals/cables/etc.

If I put the pedal in relay bypass mode, which does true bypass, then the volume is normal, but the volume drops when I turn the delay on. I also get popping noises when I switch the delay on when using relay bypass, plus I want to keep delay tails when I turn the delay off, so I would like to get this resolved when using DSP bypass mode. It does this whether the Timefactor is in a pedal board or if it is the only effect in the chain. The level switches are set appropriately (gtr in, amp out). I've downloaded the latest software with no improvement. Any ideas? I'm starting to suspect a hardware problem.

Thanks,
    Mark

2. hydroquebec

hydroquebec Member

Is there any chance that you have those switches on the back set to the wrong level?

EDIT: nevermind. I should probably read entire posts before responding.

3. hydroquebec

hydroquebec Member

What I will say is that I was getting some pops at one point while engaging the device. Customer support prompted me to reinitialize, which worked. I see that you've loaded the latest firmware, however, and that should be basically the same as a factory reset.

Just a thought.

4. markhan

markhan Member

Yeah, I checked the switches in back, downloaded new software, and initialized. There are volume settings for each of the presets, but they don't affect the bypassed volume. I've traded a couple of emails with Eventide with no results yet.

5. markhan

markhan Member

Interesting - I tried some stuff, and the right output works fine. Of course, plugging it in engages stereo mode, so you lose anything going out the left (mono) output. Makes me think it is probably the relay, or a less likely possibly is the buffer for the left output.

6. Curve

Curve Member

Sorry for bumping an old thread but I am having the very same problem.
    I need help. My TF seems to have a huge drop in volume when active. First of all, I have already done a factory reset, tried all I/O combinations, and I only play in mono. When in relay bypass, I get the true volume. But when in active or in DSP bypass the volume change is noticeable.

Here is my usual chain:

Guitar - SP Comp -TS Mini - BB Preamp - Zoom G3xn - Timefactor - DI to Mix

Here are the combinations that I tested for possible troubleshoot:

Guitar - OD - [Guitar Input] Timefactor [Amp Output] - Amp

Guitar - Zoom G3xn [Amp sim w/ Cab sim] - [Guitar Input] Timefactor [Line Output] - Earphones

Again, only true bypass really gives me the true volume. Shouldn’t DSP give me also the same volume?