Timeline Banks setup?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by wiscojay, Jan 21, 2012.

1. wiscojay

wiscojay Member

I was just wondering how you guys were setting up your banks for best use in a live mode.

Ive started to do something where 00 through 20 ish are very useable settings in jams solos songs. and not overly exact. I guess I mean they have a lot of applications.

Then I will try to do more exact settings as I get to higher numbers. And eventually get to specific settings for certain songs.
    Of course the early settling will be set up for specific songs but later on theyll be maybe the 2 different settings i need on nuber 65 line 65a filter 65b trem.

1 - 10 ab are all short delays that would be pleasant to add depth and texture for solos and riffs. so..
    1a Tape short reapeat, 8th notes Exp set for mix
    b Tape a bit longer, dotted 8th.
    2 a Digi '' '' ''
    b Digi '' '' '' ''
    3a DBucket short repeats 8th notes. light sound
    b Dbucket mid repeats dark sound exp pedal set to change time
    4a Tape Slap
    b Dbucket Slap
    5a Duck
    b duck
    6 trem
    trem
    7 &8 all diff filters
    9& 10 all diff lo fi

The the 90s are all my more crazy stuff like the ice oct plus 5th. All wet sig.

also infinate repeat stuff where I can add a note and click and bypass out so it keeps going and I can keep playing.

What grouping methods are you all using?

2. MG90

MG90 Member

I don't have a midi switcher so I usually put bank A as my regular always on setting (short subtle ducking) and bank B as the more radical setting so I can switch between the 2 during a song.

Not being able to name presets limits the number I use as I cannot remember the settings.

3. Walkerjerry

Walkerjerry Member

I pre-program all the songs for the set in banks 0-whatever, to whatever I need for those songs.

4. telepunk

telepunk Member

I have settings that I have tweaked on 1-15 so I have a library of sorts to draw on. My first two banks are the most used sounds (low mix tape and analog then higher mix tape and analog).

Then I use banks 96-99 to setup songs. So, a low mix and high. Something specific for a lead part and something general like a low mix analog for rhythm.

Preset naming will help, but I have a terrible memory and I can at least remember the first 6 or so banks in a pinch. Plus, setting up two presets per song works well for me.