Timeline Firmware update is great BUT the next update should have???

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by riversisblue, Feb 22, 2012.

1. riversisblue

riversisblue Member

I recently updated my Timeline and am thrilled with many of the changes. However there are still a few things that would REALLY make the Timeline perfect in my eyes...

1. D-BUCKET PITCH CHANGE W TAP COULD BE TURNED OFF: One of my favorite machines is the D-Bucket. Totally sweet however I wish SO badly that I could use the tap tempo without the pitch change! Please Strymon! Just make this an option!

2. SAVE EACH PRESET USING GLOBAL CLOCK OR PRESET CLOCK: It would also be great if each preset could be saved using the "global clock" or the "preset clock." If the "preset clock" was saved, it could be overridden by tapping in a new tempo which would act as the new global tempo (It wouldn't be saved that way so if you were to go back it would go back to the saved tempo). It would also be great if the global clock would save its place when switching back and forth from a preset saved with the preset clock setting to a global clock setting. EG. You are in bank 1A and tapped a new tempo @ 100bpm and wanted to go to your solo preset in 2B saved for a preset tempo of 160bpm. When you are done with the solo you can go back to 1A which remembers the global tempo of 100bpm.

To me, this would make the Timeline PERFECT! Which leads me to the BIG question...

What other features would you like to see on the next firmware update?

2. thesooze

thesooze Member

3. Ability to select if the "Undo" on the looper deletes the last recorded layer or every layer except the original recording.

3. Footbutt

Footbutt Supporting Member

4.) the ability to do my taxes

4. Passenger84

Passenger84 Member

Automatically fix every mistake, wrong note, or wrongly tapped tempo that I make, quantize my loop when I think it and not quantize it when I think the other way, all in real time.

I'd also like to see a cappuccino-maker, a Gilmour-esque-instafier, and a flux capacitor. Hey, I paid $500 for an updateable pedal.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  5. crxshdxmmy

crxshdxmmy Supporting Member

I agree w/ 2 & 3 up there. Would be nice to have those options.

6. telepunk

telepunk Member

The only other thing I really care about is being able to manage, update, and move presets with an application like the Timefactor has. It would be great to be able to rename and organize presets in a list on the computer and then update the Timeline with the list. And, then you could save different configurations as well.

7. riversisblue

riversisblue Member

A flux capacitor is a much needed addition. At 88 bpm you might see some serious sh*t...Ha.

8. Cosmogang

Cosmogang Member

ditto

9. XISTH

XISTH Member

Here's a table I sent to Strymon, requesting some more 'esoteric' dual delay ratios. Of course, they could simply implement independent millisecond adjustment to each of the two delays (although I really like the prescribed-ratio feature - it makes life a lot easier).

[​IMG]
    No prizes for pointing out that 2 is actually a prime number!

10. riversisblue

riversisblue Member

I would also like to see additional subdivisions like the timefactor. Also, the dual delay would be even better if they made the subdivisions independent and not based on a ratio. It would be SO much easier just to dial in a quarter note and a triplet without having to "do the math." Perhaps they could make an option?

11. Sammicus15

Sammicus15 Member

It would be much better if it made me breakfast and performed, we'll call them, "favors"

12. 4nd3h

4nd3h Member

?????

13. Chappo

Chappo Member

I agree with the OP's suggestions. Would love to see this.

14. Joeldipert

Joeldipert Member

5) Ability to quantize looper to the set tempo.

15. Delayed Delay

Delayed Delay Member

6.) FIX THE "SWELL" BUGS; still can't dial it in to where I can't hear the repeated notes - its be nice to just swell in, and then just hear a washed out sound, without hearing the audible repeated notes. Another 'bug' is more design related, but I'd really like to see Strymon make the Swell mode more like Line 6's auto-volume swell... But Strymon already indicated to me that Line 6's auto-volume is "quite different" than the intent of the swell algo. :dunno... Doesn't seem like they have any desire to fix this 'issue'. It's just be nice to have every note I play swell in as opposed to having to stop my strings, and then play again. :(

But other than those 2 pretty insignificant things (IMO) this is the perfect delay pedal for my needs. :aok