Timeline or Timefactor?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by dylanrwilliams, Dec 21, 2009.

1. dylanrwilliams

dylanrwilliams Member

I'm trying to choose between either a Timeline or Timefactor. What are your opinions on the two?

2. amarr1

amarr1 Member

analog sounding delay v. Most versatile delay pedal on the market...

You make the choice.

3. Steve73

Steve73 Member

I tried both extensively before I bought and I went with the Timeline because it simply sounded better out of the two to me. Warm, organic, with all the features I need out of a delay. I wish it had an alphanumeric display and was a bit smaller but neither is that big of a deal for me. Both are great pedals, with pros and cons for each.

4. dylanrwilliams

dylanrwilliams Member

Thank you for the response! It does come down to the fact that they are both great pedals with their own pros and cons.

5. Cirrus

Cirrus Member

I've had a Timefactor for about 6 months now and I really love it. The software update really tackled the main gripe people had with it, which was that the vintage and tape modes didn't sound "vintage" and "tape" enough. I think they do now.

I'm planning on rackmounting it soon and using midi to change patches/parameters. It's great to have the versatility and a great sound in one box.

6. DemoColorScheme

DemoColorScheme Member

I sold my TimeFactor since it didn't inspire me enough .. I didn't bond with it, I just couldn't. I've been looking for a TimeLine for about a year now, but I've had no luck over here, yet.

I do have to say that I sold my TimeFactor JUST before the latest update, so I can't comment on the improvements, sadly.