1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Timeline preset naming methodology?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rhoydotp, Feb 17, 2012.

1. rhoydotp

rhoydotp Member

yes, another timeline thread! :p

here's how I name mine right now so that I still know which "Bank" I am currently on ... I also don't use the scrolling feature and only scroll up to Bank 4.

0A - "0 DMod"
    0B - "0 D8th"
    1A - "1 BBD2"
    1B - "1 TAPE"
    4A - "4 RVRZ"
    4B - "4 ICED"

how are you naming your presets that is useful to you playing live?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  2. 10strings

10strings Member

Top 100 cat and dog names 2011

3. rhoydotp

rhoydotp Member

:rotflmao ... but I know that you are using 2 ML Jr right now, so I'd appreciate if you actually add something meaningful. just sayin' :huh

4. 4nd3h

4nd3h Member

My memory's good enough for the few banks that I do use and I don't play live.... Naming's really a luxury for me. That said, that's a great idea, except I'd write 1A/1B.

Often I find myself on a preset; I switch off, then I want to go back onto the same preset, but I don't remember which one it was. The A/B thing would really help.

5. rhoydotp

rhoydotp Member

that actually happenned to me a couple of times already! thanks for the tip :beer

anybody else got any ideas?

6. jmaster67

jmaster67 Member

I don't have a timeline but when I had a Fender Cybertwin I named the patches after the songs I would use them on.

7. zwolf

zwolf Member

I'm with you there. Need a number at the front to not get lost.

8. 10strings

10strings Member

9. 4nd3h

4nd3h Member

Ozzy Pawsborne would fit on the TL! Definitely gonna make a preset for that.