Timeline problems? I cant find em

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by wiscojay, Jan 23, 2012.

1. wiscojay

wiscojay Member

Just curious as to what all the probles and oversights are people keep mentioning with the timeline.

I havent found a single problem with it.

Is is something in MIDI? I heard someone kind of mad you cant name the banks, but that is far from a problem for me. Might be nice, but I can live without it.

anyone fill me in?

2. theroan

theroan Member

Global tap
    Preset naming
    dTape not as flexible as el cap
    dBucket not a super authentic analog simulation

3. pa_anoid

pa_anoid Member

The biggest gripe would be the absence of spillover between presets. There's a few threads here already mentioning the Timeline's shortcomings and hints by Strymon that those will be fixed in the upcoming firmware update.

4. MG90

MG90 Member

Looper has glitch so the seam does not work.

5. wiscojay

wiscojay Member

global tap would be great, not a deal breaker by any means for me.

if strymon does a firmweare update, what does that mean exactly? will it fix the timelines already sold or just be for new ones?

6. ToneBum

ToneBum Member

Also the tap tempo needs to be averaged based on three or more taps (which I know they're including in the update).

But one of my biggest complaints is the sliding effect you get when you suddenly tap faster or slower. I get that it's just like turning the time know while playing but I hate that cause it causes a really undesirable sound when transitioning quickly between two songs with different tempos. The M9 does not do this which is why I use it a lot of the time when I need to make a quick tempo shift

7. critter74

critter74 Supporting Member

You can update the Timeline's purchased already via Midi. You will need either a USB to Midi cable, something like the MAudio Midisport 2X2, etc

8. mrphotosales

mrphotosales Member

This is my only complaint