• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Timeline question

mikes66

Gold Supporting Member
I just got a timeline off of reverb, my first time ever trying this particular pedal. I notice the 'type' and 'value' knobs feel kind of wobbly, cheap etc. I know these two knobs can also be pushed down and was wondering if this was/is normal?

Glitch Magnet

I never really noticed that until you asked. Yeah, I suppose they're a tad wiggly.

The company I work for builds all kinds of expensive electronics, and I can recall the first time we were looking for an off-the-shelf push-pot for a data entry / volume control, everything we tried was like this. So, I think that's just the norm. I wouldn't fault Strymon for this.

mikes66

Gold Supporting Member
I never really noticed that until you asked. Yeah, I suppose they're a tad wiggly.

The company I work for builds all kinds of expensive electronics, and I can recall the first time we were looking for an off-the-shelf push-pot for a data entry / volume control, everything we tried was like this. So, I think that's just the norm. I wouldn't fault Strymon for this.
OK, I was wondering only because it is not the knob but the plastic shaft that seems not tight, the nut is tightened btw... but it feels kind of like the shaft may need replacement.

Glitch Magnet

OK, I was wondering only because it is not the knob but the plastic shaft that seems not tight, the nut is tightened btw... but it feels kind of like the shaft may need replacement.
Yes, I'm referring to the shaft as well ... not the knob or a loose nut. If one control feels worse than the other, then maybe it's damaged. But if both feel the same, then I'd say it's normal and nothing to worry about. If you're really concerned, contact Strymon. They're great people.

tremolo3

So, I think that's just the norm.
I disagree.

My 20 year old lexicon vortex use rotary encoders and they are still pretty tight.
There is no problem with none of the Eventide stompboxes I have had either. The one in the H9 feels really bad though.

Trending Topics